Chapter 41- Bright

Peter runs up to Harry and puts his hands on his shoulders. 

"James would've spared me! Your father wouldn't want me to die!" Peter wails as Lupin and Sirius grab his shoulders and pull him back.

"You should've realized that if Voldemort didn't kill you, we would! Together!" Sirius yells.

"No!" I step forward and they turn to me.

"Y/n, I don't think you understand what he is." Lupin says and I shake my head.

"No, I know exactly what he is. We'll take him to the castle-" Peter crawls to me.

"Bless you! Bless y-" He sobs I push him away.

"Get off! We'll take him to the castle, and after that, the dementors can have you." I say and Lupin and Sirius nod.

"Alright."

As we're walking out, I suddenly get a horrible head ache and I shut my eyes tightly.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Ron calls out to me and I shrink into the wall. Everything goes fuzzy and I start getting flashes of a graveyard and rising green smoke. I feel a sharp pain in my arm. I can hear myself screaming when I see this blinding light.

"What's wrong with her?" I open my eyes to Harry shaking me awake.

"Is she going to be alright?" That voice. I turn my head and his face becomes clearer.

"Cedric, what are you doing here?" He ignores me and puts the back of his hand on my forehead.

"How do you feel?" He asks, and I push his arm away.

"Just a little woozy." I look down at my arm, the pain subsiding.

"You're freezing." Cedric steps back and looks at Lupin.

"We don't have time for this. Snape might wake up soon. I'm fine I promise." I try to assure them and Lupin nods.

"Come on, we all need some air." Sirius says, who is holding Peter by the shoulders.

"Alright. Let's go." Lupin says.

I start to stand up and Cedric puts one hand on my back and the other on my arm, helping me get up.

"Why are you here?" I ask him as we walk out the door.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He furrows his brows.

"I'll be alright. I just, I can't think about it right now." Truth is, I'm terrified. I don't know what's going on with me. And I didn't expect my day to turn out like this.

"Okay." He says and puts his head down.

Cedric and Sirius hold Ron up as we walk back to the entrance of the weeping willow.

"Sorry about the bite I was aiming for the rat." Sirius says and Ron gives him a horrified look.

"You almost tore the bloody thing off!" Ron yells.

Once we leave they set Ron down on a rock and I finally have a moment to breathe.

Sirius walks over to an opening in the trees, with a clear view of the castle. I walk over to him while Ron complains about his ankle.

"I'll never forget the first time I walked through those doors." I nod and he turns to me.

"It'll be nice walking as a free man." He says and smiles.

"That was a noble thing back there. He doesn't deserve it." Sirius says and Harry walks over, listening to our conversation.

"I would've done the same. I don't think my father would want his two best friends to become killers." Harry says