A long drive home

Barry's P.O.V.

Once the sun had gone down to where you could barely see it anymore, we decided to pack up and drive home.

"You know what, I never thought of you guys being good builders," Eddie said going into the car, "but that sand castle was huge and it looked like the Buckingham palace. You know if you all weren't so good at science I would suggest all of you being builders!"

"I believe that being scientists suit us quite well for the time being, Mr. Thawne," said Dr. Wells.

"Well I don't know about you guys but I am kind of hungry," I said opening the door to the car.

"You know bear, I have never known a time when you were not hungry lately," Iris said looking at Catlin and laughing.

***

We had all been in the car for an hour and Eddie and Iris were snoring in the back seat. With Iris's head on his shoulder and his head laying on her head drooling. They looked like the cutest couple ever. It made no sense, how could I not be happy for her? I mean she had the perfect boyfriend, she lived close to her family, but all that I felt was jealous, wanting to be Eddie.

"Why such a solemn, face Barry?" asked Joe who looked like he wish that I could drive so that he could be sleeping like Eddie and Iris (not that way, just resting).

"Oh, nothing I was just thinking I could run home and back in five minutes and get them some blankets, they look kind of cold and a burger sounds good."

"Okay just make it quick I don't want these two waking up and wondering what happen, and also a burger does sound good."

"Okay be right be in ten," and then I ran home.

***

Iris's P.O.V.

After the first ten minutes of the car ride I must of fallen asleep, cause I don't remember going to sleep in my old room. Barry and Joe must have not wanted to wake me. Then I look at the clock wishing that they did, I had slept in and was going to be late for work. So, I got dressed in this lace dress and my black leather jacket, because it is the only thing close to nice that I left before I moved in with Eddie.

After I got dressed to go to work I went to and see how Barry is doing, knowing that he has to be at work around the same time as me. As I walked in and saw him still sleeping, then his alarm went off and I jolted not wanting him to see that I was watching him sleep.

How does he wake up so late and get ready in the correct amount of time, while also having a ten minute drive with no time? I mean the train is not due to run till after he has to be at work, which means he will have to walk there?

All of these thoughts were going through my mind as I walked through the door to the reporter place, plus with my outfit made me look like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"So Miss. West, have you gotten anything more done on the STAR Labs story after your day off yesterday?" Mason asked me while holding a danish close to my face.

"Well, um no it totally slipped my mind, but I think that by tomorrow night I will be able to tell you exactly what is going on in the building."

"Okay, but be careful, because I am finding some pretty good stuff in my research of Dr. Wells."

"Got it," I said trying to think when was the perfect time to sneak into Star Labs. Yesterday after the beach I took Catlin's key so getting in would not be hard, but not getting caught would.

I know that this is a boring chapter,but I am trying to build it up i have the endgame in mind -theflash_lightning