A song of death

Barry's POV

Running back to STAR Labs I knew that time was not on my side. The Rats now not under mind control seemed to be running wild. It was just like in the movie where you hear the sirens and the background and fire enveloping building after building, covering the whole city in its embrace. How could rats do something like this, the whole city was in chaos.

"Barry!" I heard Cisco whispering in my ear. "I had an idea, and decided to call an old...friend." He sneered during the last word almost as if he wanted to say something else about the person instead.

"Who," I questioned.

"A dick," he explained. "Just hurry I will explain, the city cannot wait forever!"

***

"What!" I yelled as soon as I entered the room where Cisco and Hartley Rathway both stood. "How did you even get him to come here?"

"Well," Cisco stuttered looking down at his feet. "I just called him."

"I'm good at answering," Hartley smirked.

"He is a murder!" I yelled getting quite frustrated. "And let's not forget that he almost killed me! We have a City to save, how is socializing with the Pied Piper going to help us?"

"That is exactly how he is," Cisco said taking a step forward. "Remember when you were a kid and you heard the folklore about the Pied Piper and the rats."

"No," I answered looking at him strangely."

"Your childhood sucked." Cisco said staring at me. "Anyway in the story this city asks the Pied Piper to help with their rat problem, so he comes in and plays his pipe and drives out all the rats. Then the city refuses to pay him so he makes all the kids disappear." He explained quieting down for the last bit.

"Can you do that thing with the rats?" I look over asking Hartley.

"Where do think I got my name?" The Piper answered smirking.

"I knew you didn't come up with that name yourself!" Cisco exclaimed practically jumping out of his chair with joy.

***

"So are you just going to play your flute and they'll just follow?" I asked once we got outside STAR Labs. "Because that sounds a lot like magic."

"No," Hartley said knitting his eyebrows together and raising one. "I am not a wizard, just a mad genius."

"One with a mad big ego," Cisco muttered under his breath.

"You see this pipe," he said bring out something that look a lot like a flute. "I figured out if I play at a high enough frequency that only the rats would hear, with the correct change in pitches, they will follow."

"Okay," I said shrugging me shoulders. "Do we need to put in ear plugs?"

"No mortal," he turned around acting as if I had the lowest IQ in the world. "Did you not just listen to all that I just said?"

"Is that a rhetorical question?" Cisco peeped in interrupting.

"Now if you all wouldn't mind I believe that you would like me to get rid of some rats before the city becomes dust," he said as if it was a cruel joke then he started to play his pipe. I could not hear a signal thing from it but right after it started you could hear the supersonic rats bolting to the sound... and Cisco yelling as if he was in the most pain he could think of.

"How are you okay?" Cisco shouted. "I think my ear drums might be bleeding!"

"Let me race you inside, we can watch everything from the Lab," I said picking him up.

"What!" cisco yelled? "I can't hear you!"

"I know," then I sprinted back to the lab in a normal person's blink of an eye. "Better?" I asked Cisco when I finally set him down on a couch by a window.

"Better," he answered as if he was in a commercial. "Look at all the rats following Hartley!" Cisco said with lust in his eyes.

Beep! Beep! My phone vibrated in my pocket Iris had sent me a message.

Look out the window, the impossible is happening!

It was a video of rats walking down main street to the ocean and there doom with the Piper leading them, like there where in a marching band.

"Why are you smiling," Cisco shouted reaching for the modern. and taking me out of my thoughts.

"Iris sent me a video of the rats being led to their doom."

"Why isn't Central City's favorite hero helping?" Dr. Wells said interrupting.

"On my way!" I yelled racing away out of the room and downtown.

I knew that I should be worried about Hartley turning on us and making the rats destroy Central City, but to be honest I could only think about what Iris texted and how she was going to love seeing it up and close.

I ran into the Newspaper Company where she worked to her desk. "Do you think you can take the afternoon off?" I asked as the Flash sitting on her desk and startling everyone and making a girl in the back fall out of her chair fangirling (oops).

Iris looked back to her new boss who nodded looking awe struck before I picked Iris up and put her on my back. "Hold on!"

"Where are we going!" she yelled.

"To see the impossible!" I yelled before speeding up.

A/N: I know I have been updating really slowly so please forgive me, and I just now noticed that rats make terrible villains... So I promise I got a good idea coming up, I just need to thicken the plot some so expect so cute fluff coming up!