planning and getting no where

Barry's P.O.V.

It has been a week since Easter, and not much has happened. We figured out that the monkey maniac's (not Cisco's best) victim that he kill was a man that he worked with at the zoo, but besides that all we know is he never had a cavity.

"Why are you looking so down today, Bear," Iris said coming into my office.

"Wait, more importantly how did you get out of work it is it like the middle of the day," I said before she could figure out that I was not sad but frustrated about not finding that guy.

"Oh, well you know since my boss went missing."

"What Danish Dan is missing," I joked she tells me everything about her work, except what she is writing, after I bashed her blog.

"Yeah, I thought that I told you already ," she said a little confused.

"Oh yeah sorry I have just been a little out of it, I wouldn't worry too much, we'll find him," I said walking towards her with the papers I just finished.

"Anyway," she said turning away like she was afraid to get close to my face. "Since he is not there, the newspaper has been letting me have a more of a flexible schedule, and I also said I was going to ask you some questions on the zookeeper."

"What," I asked not knowing what she could possibly be talking about.

"Oh sorry," she said laughing. "The Flash and his team have not made a name that we heard of yet, so the newspaper helped me come up with a name."

"Yeah," I said thinking of all the failed attempts Cisco and Catlin had naming him. "You know maybe they did but, no one heard it."

"I doubt that, whoever on the team that names them is a genius," she said trying to sneak one of my fries away. I can't believe that she just said that about Cisco, she always kept on telling him to cut his luscious locks; I will have to tell Cisco.

Then the table started to vibrate, because my phone was ringing

"Let me guess it is Catlin," She said with what I thought was a bit of jealousy, probably because Iris always wanted red hair, she said it was her soul's hair color.

"Yeah I should probably pick this up," I said know that it was probably a call telling me that I needed to save to world, or get a cat out of a tree.

"Oh good Barry, you know you let it ring past when you usually do. What if I was in extreme danger and the killer saw my calling you!" She said on the verge of tears, and quite frantic.

"What wrong?"

"Oh just that there is a break in, and Cisco thought that you might be getting bored since we still have not seen anything," she said trying to makes sure that I did not hear here almost cry.

"Okay, I am going, but after that I am going over to STAR Labs, and I have an idea." I hung up, and looked up at Iris.

"Let me guess you have to go and it is an emergency," Iris muttered aggravated.

"You know me so well, and about your paper," I said trying to put together my own papers, but just looking awkward in my struggle to get out fast without using my powers. "Just ask Joe or Eddie I gave them all the work that I had.

"Okay, see you tonight." She said watching me leave.

"What about tonight," I said holding back a bit to make her a little less mad.

"Dinner, I am fixing Mac-and-Cheese."

"Oh yeah, see you then," I said rushing out the door, and as soon as I was out of everyone's sight I ran to where the robbery was happening.
***

By the time that I got to the robbery the guy had almost left the whole building, but the cops were not here so I quickly I got all the stuff he took and put it all back in place, and to make sure he couldn't run away, I found a jump rope and tied up his feet. After I did all that I could hear the police sirens coming my way, and decided I had enough fun.

***

"So, she really said that I was a genius," Cisco said puffing out his chest. "You know if you do not take her from Eddie soon enough, I might just have to consider it."

"That's not funny, Cisco." Catlin said sounding like the girl from Clueless.

"So, what's wrong today, Miss. Snow?" Dr. Wells said coming in so not even a mouse could hear him. I mean he scares me sometimes, just imagine how hard it would be to keep a secret from him.

"Today was supposed to be Ronnie and my one year wedding anniversary, and I just keep on thinking about how we will never probably even be able to get married anymore since he became Firestorm (sorry if you had not gotten that far in the show)." She said starting to stream down tears.

I hate to see her cry, with her mascara running. So I ran with my super speed over to her and hugged her, I thought it would look cool, but I ended up accidentally knocking her down, like football players tackling.

"So sorry," I said pulling her up. "I Pictured that looking a lot cooler and not hitting you to the ground in a football tackle." To my surprise she just started laughing. Then it came to me like one of those light balls that you see in the cartoons.

"We should go to the zoo." I yelled. "You know for work of course, and maybe to show the cheetahs they are not the fastest things on this earth. This made them all laugh.

"Good idea Mr. Allen," Dr. Wells piped in, I almost forgot he was here.

"And how about you invite Iris again, it was nice having another girl around for once," Catlin said knowing I wouldn't object.

"Okay I'll go ask her right now," I said about to speed out.

"Mr. Allen," Dr. Wells shouted making me turn around. "I don't think Joe would go kindly on you, if you asked Iris wearing your Flash suit."

"Good idea," I said changing and running towards Iris.

A/N: I know that this was quite a bit boring but in the next chapter there should be some fun stuff happening. Also I decided to also write another fanfic to and would love it if you guys would like to read it -theflash_lightning