Pompeii

A/N: I suggest you listen to Pompeii by: Bastille before reading this chapter

Barry's POV

I ran back to STAR Labs my hands red from tensing up so tightly.

"Man, you look like death, what happened?" Cisco said leaning back on the chair with a grape sucker in his mouth.

"It is the Fault in our Stars, it is limp in our steps," I muttered sitting down in the chair right next to him.

"Wow and here I thought that I had a bad day, what happened?"

"I told Iris about meta-humans."

His face was shell shocked. "Wait does she know that you're the Flash?"

"No, she just might have some questions for you about what happened yesterday," I said pursing my lips together.

"Talking about that are we going to test my powers out or not?"

"Just as long as we do it away from any sky scrapers," Dr. Wells interrupted wheeling into the room.

"Then suit up Barry there might be another super hero in town!" Cisco yelled shooting his fist up into the air.

***

We went to the same beaten down farm that Oliver helped me train at, with the sun glaring down at us and the trees whispering with the light breeze, the only thing not making this place the picture of tranquility was Cisco rambling non-stop about how amazing this was going to be.

"So what are we going to do first, cause no offense Barry but, I think that figuring out how to use my powers might be harder than just running," Cisco said smugly.

"Okay just stand right across from me and do exactly what I say, deal?" I questioned him.

"Deal, just as long as it is not totally insane."

I chuckled remembering the first moment that I used my super speed and ran into the garbage truck. "I make no promises."

"Time is of the essence Mr. Allen," Dr. Wells yelled from the porch to the field where we were.

"Close your eyes and imagine you are back there in the cell with Catlin and Iris, and all of this energy is flowing inside you making your whole body shake. Imagine all the pain, all the sadness, and all the anger you ever felt bursting out your hands. Think of the earth beneath your feet vibrating and shaking." I started to see small translucent rings be produced from his hands in return making the ground shake slightly the more the rings were produced. "It is the vibration force."

Then Cisco fell on the floor laughing. "The vibration force, really man that just totally ruined it." Then he paused looking like he had a light bulb moment. "But what if we call what you have the speed force."

I saw Wells have a slight smile light up his face. "Try plan B Mr. Allen, it might work better knowing your inability to name things." Wells shouted from the other side of the field.

"Well Cisco since the first plan didn't work great hves fun with this one." Then being very careful to not hurt him seriously I started to punching him and insulting him. The more than I did this the more the ground started to shake. We put a cup of water on the floor earlier to see the vibrations, and water started to fall out of the cup. Then I looked over at Wells and saw him almost falling out of his wheelchair and decided it was enough and tried to super speed over to Cisco to stop him, but it didn't work, I could only run at normal speed while he was vibrating the earth, I was useless.

There was a sudden screech and a loud rumble the farm was going to collapse, so I ran as fast as I could over to Cisco with normal speed and tackled him making the earth stop shaking, but I was too late the walls of the house were starting to crack and tumble down. Since vibrations stopped I got my speed back and raced under the house to save Wells. Just as one of the side columns on the porch split in half I pulled Wells out of his wheelchair and in a blink of an eye had him next to Cisco in the field.

"You know I am starting to think that I need to work on using my powers," Cisco joked sitting up as the house finally fell into a pile of rubble.

"I have to go," I mumbled probably looking slightly frazzled with my hair coated with the flying dust making it look brown.

"I think we can manage getting back to STAR Labs without you," Cisco said back and then looked at Dr. Wells sitting on the floor. "But you know since you have super powers can you, you know pick him up and put him in the car."

***
The whole entire time when I couldn't use my powers and thought that Cisco might collapse us into the ground I couldn't help but to think that the last moment that I saw Iris she was mad at me for something so useless. I ran to my apartment and picked up some different clothes, since mine had changed from navy blue to tan from the dirt. Then just as I was about to fix my hair it was getting close to dark and I couldn't wait and longer, so I ran over to the gas station and bought three packets of gummy worms, and headed over to where Iris lived.

"What are you doing here Barry, it is almost the middle of the night," Iris moaned opening the door.

"Is Eddie asleep?" I question stepping inside.

"Yeah, why?" she questioned me slightly perking up knowing me so well.

Then I threw the gummy worms in front of me making her smile slightly. "I think we have some things to catch up on."

"Okay but I can ask whatever I want, and you have to answer me truthfully," she said walking with me to her backyard and laying on the grass looking up at the stars. "I don't want to be mad at you anymore Barry."

"So you already forgave me," I asked laying down next to her and opening the bags of gummy worms which are her favorite candy.

"I can never stay mad at you." Then she looked up trying to find the big dipper in the cloudless sky as the faint light from the moon shimmered on her face, and her eyes sparkled from the stars.