Lies in bunny ears

Iris's POV

It was a lot earlier than when I usually start but if I have to get in STAR Labs and make dinner to get in there, before anyone sees. I think while icing the cupcakes and watching the vegan turkey cook (Catlin's fault).

"Dad," I yell upstairs. "I have to get some decorations that I left at work."

"How do you leave decorations at work? I mean do you go shopping during your lunch break," he said jokingly kissing me on the forehead. "Just try to be back before dinner, I know you want to see Barry in his bunny ears." With that I leave and head to the car.

I remember the first time that he wore them. It was the first Easter without my mom. It was always her favorite time; my mom always planned all the Easter eggs hunts, and sang at the Church choir as if she was that only person there. It was before the dinner and I was crying in my room refusing to get out and eat, when Barry picked open my lock (I always used to lock my door) and came jumping in singing the "Peter Cottontail" song handing me a chocolate bunny. We ate it together until it was all over the bed and I was laughing at Barry trying to do bunny impressions. From that year on he always wore the same bunny ears no matter how old he got, or who was with us (not even Becky Copper).

I finally got to STAR Labs and opened the door easily with the key I took from Catlin. Since the explosion they had as close to no security as you could get. I walked as silently as I could, and once I saw that there were 600 floors I admentaly decided that no one would be here and took the elevator to the top.

***

Once I got to the top, which barely took a second with it being so high-tech. I sneaked around these circular hallways and went to the right where I saw a cage with the name Grood on it, and the broken particle accelerator. Knowing that this would get my all but the fifth page of the newspaper where no one read anything and a police report for breaking in, I decided to sneak around to the left side of the elevator.

As I was walking it felt like if I heard one movement beside my own at this point I would be like one of those cartoon people that just jump out of their skin. I was thinking that when I came to this room with a semi- circle table of computer things and two opening to smaller rooms on the sides. I probably would have had moved on and thought nothing of it if I had not seen a mannequin wearing the Flash suit.

"You know if I you had not left your phone here then we might not be late for the dinner," Barry said jokingly coming down the hall, alarmingly towards to this room.

As fast as I could, I took a pic of the suit and hid as best I could in one of the side rooms.

"C'mon Mr. Allen you know that we won't be late," Catlin said and her most relaxed manner. Barry was staring at her like nothing else mattered, and I felt a little jealous. I know that I should be happy that I found something for my story, but for some reason looking at them together just took all the happiness right out of me. Get it out of you , I thought, you are dating Eddie and even if Barry liked you this Christmas, he looks like he moved on, and you should to.

***

Barry's POV

We were all around the table trying to put as many sweets as we could as we could into our mouths, being that chocolate is the main part of the meal. At the dinner Iris came in late which was unlike her, but I guess she had a good excuse. She got us all little chocolate bunnies with bowties that are our favorite colors. I do not know how she does it. She sits down right next to me. Wearing a coral colored dressed that makes her look as if she just walked off the runway, and her eyes sparkle with excitement, I wish she could always look this care free.

The only thing off about the entire dinner was that was not perfect was Iris kept on staring at Cisco weirdly, and the bunny ears fell in the mash potatoes.

I know that i have been writing a lot lately but once spring break is over i will start spacing them out more, thankyou to everone that is reading it means the world to me, and Happy Easter🐰