Morning after

Barry's pov

"You know I think that all of the things that happen in here are horrible," Cisco stated walking with me down the huge expanse in the middle of the particle accelerator looking for Catlin." I mean just think about it First Ronnie and now Catlin what next Dr. Wells dying in here."

"Not everything that happened is terrible; for instance I got powers and am now saving the world," I smirked.

"You know that isn't fair, for goodness sakes Barry I think you are the one good thing; it was almost like it malfunctioned just for you to get your powers."

"Calm down, even if that was, Dr. Wells would have to be on that, and that could never happen."

"I guess so; Dr. Wells is a good man."

I stopped in my tracks when I saw the stain but no body. "Um Cisco where is the body?"

"This is mad freaky. Maybe her power help healed her, or maybe she froze the wound and walked away," he was so entranced that you could see the wheels moving in his head.

"Maybe someone is helping her," I blurted regretting it right after.

"That's insane, no one would help her. Her main goal was to get revenge for you not liking her, unless there is another girl that hasn't seen me and you're the best they have seen," he joked.

Then my phone buzzed, it was iris.

"Hey um I didn't expect you to answer, well I guess I was; can you meet me at the park under the trees I need to ask you something," she stammered.

"Sure I'll be there in a-"

"Jiff" she interrupted.

"Here I was going to say a New York minute."

"Just show up I need to ask you some questions. "Then she hung up leaving me wondering what she wanted to talk about.

"Well leave already, I can do this on my own, I'll be fine," Cisco said looking up from the pile of blood that he was getting a sample of. "But I would like you to do a couple of thing latter; cause man, I only make the toys."

***
I walked down the park to the bench where we always meet under the trees that was currently filled with flower instead of leaves. The aroma from the falling pink flowers fill the air putting you under the enchantment of perfection. Then I saw here and there was no need for enchantment, for you could not get any more perfect than her, she looked like an angel with the flowers twirling and dancing in the air till finally floating gracefully down on her hair like snow in the winter time.

"Hey Bear I was starting to worry that you wouldn't come but then I remembered that you're always late."

"Not always sometimes I show up on time," I put my arm around her shoulder pulling her in as we walked down the cobblestone path. "Why did you call me her, you seemed really frazzled, is everything okay with Joe and Eddie?"

"Yeah, actually yesterday when you came back down stairs and I wasn't there it was because Catlin kidnapped me," she stared into my eyes to see how I reacted.

"Okay, theoretically even if that did happen, you are okay and you don't seem to be hurt," I hated lying to her, making her feel alone. You know they should really put that on being a hero manual how hard it is to keep a secret from everyone you love. "Why would she even do that, and how would you of escaped?"

She seemed a little taken back by how unbelieving I was. "That is why I wanted to talk to you it is about Cisco, I think that he has powers. "I looked down at my feet too long that she noticed that I was keeping something from her. "What do you know Barry?"

"They're called met-humans," I blurted out. "The people with powers!"

"Wait you knew this whole time; when I was making my blog and you called me crazy, you knew that I wasn't," she fumed.

"I-I'm sorry I just didn't want you to be hurt." I stammered.

"I thought that we were best friends, a best friend would have told me about this." She bellowed. "I can take care of myself." Then she bolted away down the cobblestone path crying, reminding me of 10 years ago when Iris had her first breakup (even though this isn't a lot more important).

*** FLASHBACK ***

His name was Nathan and he was Iris's and my best friend till he asked her out. Everyone kept on joking that they would be the perfect couple, and they were. I watched them every day being their best friend, and every day it hurt as much as the rest watching her love someone else when I loved her. Then one day he saw how I looked at her and came up with a plan that I didn't know happened till years later, because if I did it would not have happened and he knew it.

Iris and I were walking down the cobblestone path and were supposed to meet Nathan where we met today. When we finally got to him we found his tongue halfway down this girl's throat (they are married now). The moment that Iris saw her face fell and she ran up to him and poured her ice tea down his shirt and bolted away.

Later that night I found her at the end of the bed almost done eating half a pint of ice cream. "You know I cannot believe that I ever even thought that I loved him."

Went and sat next to her putting my arms around her letting her cry on my shoulder. "You know he was never good enough for you, but one day I bet that someone will love you so much that any other girl will seem minute in comparison."

"You know Barry, whoever you end marrying is one lucky gal; just promise me that it won't be Becky Cooper she is horrible."

"I wouldn't worry," I smiled standing up. "Let me go get some more ice cream, you are starting to make me want some too."

"Can you just stay here till I fall asleep, I don't want to be alone right now," she said crawling under the covers and moving over. I laid down on the bed and started to laugh.
"What's so funny?"

"I was just thinking if some stranger saw us like this," she started to laugh too, and soon fell asleep leaving me with a wet shirt from all her tears that was starting to stick. I sat up and started to walk out the room when I stopped and headed back to the bed and leaned over her ear and whispered "I love you Iris West."