Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I walked up to my room and flopped onto my bed with a sigh. My peace was disturbed three seconds later by the large and annoying things commonly known as my brother and his friends – all of whom are over a foot taller than me. “Can’t – breathe...” I choked out as someone sat on me. “Squashed...” The person lifted off and pulled me up with them.

“Sorry, I forgot you’re not a strong football player.” Cameron said with a laugh. I pouted, trying to ignore the tingling sensations I had on my waist where his fingers had met bare skin. It’s just because he’s hot I told myself, that’s all it is.

“I’m a big strong soccer player.” I tried to point out to him but he just laughed.

“Right.”

“I am... Steve tell him.” I pouted at Steve. Behind him I saw Justin looking at me with a strange expression on his face. I then realised he was looking less at me and more at where I was and I realised I was sitting on Cameron. I immediately flushed and tried to move away but he held me in place.

“She’s a bitch on the soccer field dude.” Steve smirked and I rolled my eyes at his choice of words.

“We’ll see when I watch her play in the team. I’m not convinced.” I smacked him playfully on the chest as I leaned over to get the remote off my bed and I threw it at Steve.

“You’ll eat your words. I bet you’re impressed.”

“Fine we’ll bet on it.” I turned around and looked at him.

“You’re on. If I win you will attend all my games as my personal cheerleader in a cheerleading outfit.” Daniel burst into laughter as he flopped on the bed next to us.

“And when I win you go on a date with whoever I choose. Wait two, you’ll make me a skirt if I lose.”

“Fine.” I reached around to shake his hand. Again I felt the tingles but I rolled my eyes. I wasn’t going to fall for him. He was going to be the main guy at the school. I knew it. And I knew as soon as I set foot inside those doors I’d just be his mates little sister.

“Game’s on.” Steve interrupted our deal and we turned to the TV which was fastened to the wall. I leant back into Cameron as I stared at the people running around the pitch.

“What are they doing?” I asked confused and the boys laughed.

“Well that team is trying to score...” Was all I heard Steve say before my eyes closed and I drifted off to sleep.

I stood in the middle of a lake. I was standing on the water. I wrinkled my brow in confusion and then turned sharply around to see a wolf standing on the edge of the water, whimpering as he looked at me. I looked across the lake in the other direction and I saw blurred human forms, standing and staring at me. The wolf raised a paw, as if it were holding out its hand. The blurry humans held out one hand each. I felt myself slowly sinking and I knew I needed to decide. The water was dragging me under. And then I was free. But I wasn’t. I was trapped; dark silhouettes surrounded me from all sides as I looked around.