Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Callie’s POV

Steve wasn’t at the table when I got downstairs. The table was set for three people so he was obviously out. I sighed and sat in the seat on its own. Cameron looked at me like a wounded puppy but I looked away. I didn’t know what to say or to think but I knew I wouldn’t, or couldn’t, be close with him when he was keeping something massive from me. We ate dinner in silence. For some reason my Mum didn’t ask any questions which was unusual. When I finished eating I stood up and grabbed my plate and walked into the kitchen, the door slamming shut behind me. I reached for the light switch and instead my hand met body and I turned as the man from before grabbed me and swumg me into the fridge. I screamed as I felt me body fall backwards. I hit my head and the room spun around, the fridge ending up on the ceiling and the cooker upside down in the window. I groaned and sat up in time to see a wolf growling at me as he stood over me. I saw someone banging at the door and I knew the man had locked it but where had he gone. I looked around in confusion but in the darkness I could only see the wolf. Suddenly the door slammed open and Cameron stood there, his eyes dark with fury. The wolf turned and growled and I pushed myself under the counter so I was huddled by the bins as Cameron glared at the wolf. I could see my Mum standing behind him, her eyes scanning the room for me. I pushed myself further back under the counter as the wolf leapt at Cameron. One second he was leaping at Cameron, the next he was leaping at a huge black wolf. I screamed again as the wolves rolled around. The brown wolf that had stood over me threw Cameron across the room and ran at me and grabbed my trousers with his teeth and he swung me across the room and I hit my injured shoulder on the side and I felt it break. Tears poured down my face as I saw Cameron leap at the wolf and knock him out the window. Cameron followed and I pushed myself off the floor to see them battling on the lawn.

“Callie. Honey are you okay?” Mum asked as she wrapped an arm around my waist and turned the lights on. “Oh my...” She trailed off as she saw the wolves battling on the ground but they weren’t alone. Two more wolves had arrived and along with Cameron they circled the other wolf who was trying to find an escape hatch. One of the new wolves snapped forward and bit his leg and the wolf fell to the floor before turning back to a human. I could see all three wolves in the light from the kitchen. I blinked and there stood Cameron, Daniel and Justin who were all in their birthday suits. I shrieked and turned away then realised what I saw.

“You turned... human... wolf. What?” I managed to stutter out as Daniel threw Cameron some shorts and he pulled them on.

“Callie. Just breathe.” He walked tentatively towards the window and I stumbled back and slipped on the broken glass on the floor and fell. He reached me before my Mum did and he picked me up. “Daniel get the doctor.” In a flash Daniel was gone, a russet wolf bounding into the forest. Justin headed towards the window and peered in.

“He caused a lot of damage.” He mused. “He was strong.”

“Not the time Justin.” Cameron growled. I just stared at him in shock.

“Explain.” I demanded and he shook his head.

“When the doctor gets here.”

“Now or when the doctor gets here he’ll have to treat you first because I’ve killed you.” I growled and Cameron looked down.