Chapter 20

AUTHORS NOTE:

THIS IS EXTREMELY SHORT! I'M SORRY!

I hope you enjoy it... and please vote!

also - all the people who posts are deidcated to are ones who fan alot and who vote alot as my way of thanks! so if I've tagged you that's why!

THANKYOU AND ENJOY :D

----

Chapter 20

“Good Morning.” Steve smiled across the table at me as I bounded down the stairs. Cameron was asleep upstairs. He’d barely slept so I decided not to wake him.

“Happy Birthday!” I flung my present at him and he caught it with a grin.

“Why thank you.”

“So how was it?” I asked, my eyes, I’m sure, were excited.

“How was what?” I narrowed my eyes.

“Don’t play dumb Steve.”

“Oh that.” He smiled. “It was okay.”

“Are you mad at me?” He shook his head.

“I know you couldn’t tell.”

“So was it fun to be a wolf?”

“It was great. I was out late as they explained everything they could. It was interesting.” I nodded and looked down. “You’ll get told when you turn.”

“In a year.” I pushed my hair off my shoulder as I grabbed some juice off the table.

“Sis? Why aren’t you marked?” Steve’s eyes were focussed on my shoulder.

“I won’t let him.”

“Aren’t you more vulnerable then?”

“And he is more vulnerable if I am.” I explained.

“Are you sure that’s right?” Steve looked down. “I don’t mean to intrude but he’s a wolf and can look after himself.”

“Last week someone attacked us. They were after the people who lived here before us and since they’re gone the new alpha and his mate will do.” I spoke fast, my hands shaking. “The best way to hurt an Alpha is to hurt the woman he’s mated with. We’re not mated, he’s safer.”

“I disagree.” Cameron spoke from behind me. “But she won’t listen.”

“I think you’re both right.”

“But I’m letting her win.” Cameron rubbed my shoulder gently from behind.

“Man you need to grow a pair.” Steve joked lightly.

“Don’t talk to your Alpha like that.” Cameron joked.

“Even if it’s the truth?” Steve poked his tongue out and Cameron lunged at him. I rolled my eyes at his foolishness. After a few seconds I got bored and pushed open the back door and stepped outside, my glass still in my hand. I smiled as I heard a crash inside, I barely had time to get the yell at the boys to stop it out before the world went black around me and my feet were swept out from underneath me, my glass fell to the floor.

Cameron’s POV

“You’re in trouble.” I pushed Steve lightly as he swore and picked up the smashed glass.

“It was your fault.”

“Not really.” I replied. “Where’s Callie?” I asked as I turned around, her seat was empty.

“I don’t know.” Steve shrugged. I headed out the door and looked around in annoyance. On the floor was a smashed glass.

“Steve?” I called. I pointed gently and the pool of orange juice, praying it didn’t mean what I thought it did.

“Yeah?”

“Was Callie drinking orange juice?” I asked.

“Yeah.” I growled.

“They’ve got her.” And I jumped off the porch as I turned into a wolf and ran into the forest.

Someone’s taken Callie.

Cameron we’ll meet in five at the meeting room. Justin spoke quickly. I altered my course and headed towards the trees, my paws barely touching the ground as I flew towards everyone, anger pouring through me.

-------

PLEASE VOTE VOTE VOTE :D