Chapter 24

Chapter 24

“Explain.” Cameron growled at the man who was cowered on the floor. I stared, mostly in shock, at the man who claimed to have been the leader of this pack.

“We were going to agree to split some land to the rogues who would stop attacking us.” The men all around the room snapped their teeth and yelled at him. “They then wanted the Alpha house, which we couldn’t give so they threatened us and we ran.”

“Coward.” Cameron hissed and he turned to the man’s family. “Did you know?” The children shook their heads, their faces ashen. The boy was shaking, from anger or fear I didn’t know but I didn’t want to know.

“I knew.” The woman muttered and the man holding her back pushed her onto the floor besides her husband. “We never meant for any harm.”

“No harm?” Cameron growled and he pulled me forwards. “Look at her side. She was taken for days and hidden.” The people in front of me flinched.

“She’s nothing special.”

“She’s my mate. And I am Alpha of this pack.” I placed a hand gently on his arm and he looked at me. I shook myhead softly and he frowned before looking back at the couple. “You’re banished.” The woman burst into tears with relief. “Your children have a choice of leaving with you or staying here ad that is there choice alone.” Silence fell and everyone began chattering. “Justin and Daniel finish up here. I’m going home.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me after him. The air was cold as I stepped outside. “I’m so sorry you went through all of this for something that was nothing in the first place.”

“It’s not your fault.” I whispered. “If this had never happened I would never have come here. We would never have....”

“We were meant to be together, I would have found you.” He stroked a hand down my face gently.

“I want to go home and not leave my house for days.” He smiled gently.

“With me?”

“Obviously.” I winked. “We have unfinished business.”

“Fancy running home?” He pulled his shirt off and threw it onto the branches.

“If I’m on your back.”

“No as wolves.” He whispered and I winced.

“How?” I whispered.

“Trust me.” I nodded and pulled my clothes off and he put them with his. “Close your eyes and think of being a wolf and moving through the forest, and imagine yourself being a wolf.” Something inside of me snapped and moved and suddenly I sound myself looking at Cameron from a lower height. “Well Done.” He whispered and then he stood before me as a wolf. I jumped gently towards him and licked his nose. He growled softly and hurried after me as I sprinted towards my house. The wind blew my hair and I felt free, the first time in a long time. Cameron butted me from behind and I rolled my tongue out at him as I rolled my tongue at him. When I reached my house I patted through the door and at high speed bounded up the stairs. I knew Cameron was behind me and when I reached my room I turned back to my human form. Cameron entered and stared at me, his eyes glassy.

“Change back you oaf.” I whispered and the next second I hit the bed with a gasp as Cameron kissed me, this was where I belonged.

---------------------

SORRY ITS SO SHORT BUT THERE IS AN EPILOGUE AND THAT'S IT~!!

VOTE VOTE VOTE