Chapter 6 - Soulmates

Bucky ended up spending the afternoon in the Avengers compound with Sam, Clint, Rhodey and Bruce Banner. They all accidentally met at the sushi place and spent the afternoon catching up. They shared their life stories and shared jokes. Bucky felt like he belonged, finally. They felt like family to him. So he felt a little sad when it was time to go. But he remembered Adriana and had enough motivation to go back to Brooklyn. First of all he needed EDITH to find out whether the Adriana he was looking for was the one he fell in love with. He hoped not, but in case she was, he needed to figure out how to introduce himself to her, and how to tell her that he killed her father.

It was 8 at night when Bucky arrived at his apartment. After changing his clothes and brushed his teeth, Bucky sat on the couch and took EDITH out from the box.

"Time to find out the truth." Bucky murmured. He put EDITH on and tapped the right handle twice.

"James Buchanan Barnes, White Wolf, sidekick to Captain America. I am EDITH, how can I help you?" EDITH asked.

"Hey EDITH, I'm looking for someone. Her name is Adriana Weaver. I killed her father John Weaver in 2003. John Weaver was a spy in the US Army. Records say he left a wife and two children. Can you help me find them? Specifically his daughter, Adriana. Thank you." Bucky said.

"Certainly sir." EDITH responded.

Bucky saw on the top side of his view EDITH was scanning records of John Weaver. A record he himself had read. She zoomed in on his family's names. Maria Weaver, his wife, Adriana Weaver, his daughter, and John Weaver Jr, his son. Then EDITH scanned more records, too fast for Bucky to follow. She finally stopped scanning and presented two records to Bucky. One was a scan of an ID Card of Adriana Weaver, and the other one was a scan of Adriana's Employment record. Bucky's heart plummeted. The picture on the ID Card clearly showed the Adriana he met at the Dear Butter cafe a week ago. And the employment record clearly showed Adriana worked at Gucci.

"Adriana Weaver, born in Tulsa Oklahoma, April 3rd 1996. Lives at 153 Remsen Street unit 11b. Works at Gucci Tower at 195 Broadway street as assistant fashion designer." EDITH said.

"Thank you EDITH, I can read the info on the cards myself." Bucky said.

"Yes, sir." EDITH responded.

"Did you find any other information on her? Is she married? Engaged?" Bucky asked, blushing as he did. He knew EDITH was just an AI, but he was still embarassed.

EDITH started scanning again but didn't present any record to Bucky.

"There is no record on her marital status, sir. I think she's not married." EDITH said. Bucky sighed in relief.

"Boyfriend maybe?" Bucky asked again.

EDITH started scanning pictures and showed Bucky several pictures of Adriana with some men. She was photographed with different men. Not one man was taken in more than one picture with her. So it was inconclusive whether any of them was her boyfriend.

"These are the pictures I could find of her with men, sir. Her potential boyfriends. But I cannot conclude whether any of them is her boyfriend." EDITH said.

Bucky sighed in relief again.

"Alright, thank you very much EDITH."

'You're welcome, sir." EDITH said.

Bucky then turned her off and returned her to the box.

Well now he had to figure out how to introduce himself to Adriana, and how to tell her. Does he tell right away or wait until they got to know each other better? He wondered. With his other victims' families, he just told them right away, except for Mr. Nakajima. But that's because he didn't know Mr. Nakajima was the father of the man he killed. He felt like his head was about the explode.