Chapter 13 - The Decision

Bucky forgot to tell Adriana he was riding a motorcycle and planning on taking her for a ride. He also, stupidly forgot to bring a second helmet for her.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to bring another helmet for you." Bucky said, clapping his forehead as he said it.

"Oh it's okay.. I actually have a helmet. I'll go and get it, and I'm gonna get a jacket too. I forgot that it can be a little cold in April." She said cheerfully.

"Just wait here, I'll be right back." She went back inside and left Bucky alone. He felt so stupid. Adriana didn't deserve this. He should've thought things through. But he was too focused on the gifts that he forgot.

Adriana returned a couple of minutes later, wearing a black leather jacket and holding a red helmet on her right hand. She bounded up towards him and smiled brightly. Bucky couldn't help but smiled back.

"You look great in this jacket." He complimented her.

"Thank you. I thought I'd match yours." She said, referring to the black leather jacket he was wearing.

"We both look cool now." She stated. Bucky laughed.

"Did you date a biker at one point?" Bucky asked.

"I actually did.. yeah.. my last boyfriend, Chris, he loved to ride and used to take me on motorcycle rides every weekend." She said, her eyes looked sad. Bucky regretted asking the question. And he regretted asking her to ride with him. If he knew she dated a biker, he wouldn't have asked her to ride with him.

"I'm really sorry Adriana..I didn't know.. if it makes you uncomfortable, we can ditch the bike and just catch a cab or take the subway." Bucky offered.

"No..it's fine. It was a long time ago. Two years to be exact. I kinda miss riding on a motorcycle." She said brightly.

"Okay, if you're sure." Bucky said gently.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Let's go." She said, putting on her brightest smile.

Bucky didn't think he would love riding a motorcycle with a girl. Well, Adriana hugged him so tightly and it felt good. Although sometimes her helmet would bounced off his helmet and made him temporarily dizzy. He still would love to take her on a ride again if she was willing.

It took about half an hour to reach the Italian restaurant. The name of the restaurant was Trattoria Il Gusto Wine Bar. It was located near Central Park. And it was one of the reasons why Bucky chose the place. He was thinking of taking Adriana to Central Park for a walk after lunch. The restaurant was big, and had a romantic Italian vibe that Bucky loved. Perfect for a romantic lunch date. It had outdoor and indoor seating. The place was packed when they arrived. Thankfully Bucky had made a reservation for outdoor seating.

He parked his motorcycle and walked to the restaurant holding hands with Adriana. Adriana was busy fixing her hair with her free hand. Bucky stopped and turned her to face him.

"Here, let me help you." He said, gently combing her hair with his fingers, tidying the fly away hair. Adriana froze on the spot, she just stared at Bucky, love and desire clearly depicted in her eyes. Bucky didn't notice it at first. He was too focused on fixing her hair. It was smooth and had a nice apple fragrance. When he was satisfied, he looked at her eyes and realized the look she was giving him. The look of complete adoration. Bucky didn't remember ever having someone look at him the way she did. His heart skipped a beat. She smiled then and gave him a peck on the cheek. Bucky blushed.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"For fixing my hair." She said. She checked her hair with her hands and said " You did a great job, thank you."