Chapter 24 - The Morning After

The next morning Bucky woke up feeling refreshed. He didn't have a single dream, he slept like a baby. He opened his eyes and took in his surroundings. He smiled realizing he wasn't at his apartment but at Adriana's. He looked to her side of the bed but she wasn't there. He immediately got out of bed and out of her bedroom.

He found her in the kitchen, already dressed for work. She was wearing the same clothes she wore during their first date. He remembered it perfectly because he remembered wanting to kiss her neck the moment he saw her in that pink top. She had her hair up in a bun, just like she had during the first date, exposing her flawless ivory neck. Making his eyes glazed over in lust.

Adriana was busy on the stove, her back to him so she didn't see him enter the kitchen. He sneaked up behind her and put his hands on her waist, startling her.

"Bucky! You're awake." She was about to turn to face him but his hands held her in place. He wrapped his arms around her waist and slowly started to plant light kisses on her exposed neck. Adriana let out a soft moan, making Bucky go crazy. He continued kissing her neck, peppering it with kisses then finally turned her to face him and his lips crashed into hers. Adriana put her hands on the back of his neck, pulling him closer, kissing him with fervour. Bucky felt heady with lust. Just when their kiss started to get more passionate, he smelled something burning. He broke the kiss and looked at the stove. Adriana was making pancakes and it was starting to burn.

"Oh no!" Adriana exclaimed.
She turned the stove off immediately. The pancake was stuck to the pan, having been left on the stove too long. They both laughed and giggled.

"I'm sorry.." Bucky said to her.

"It's okay Bucky. I'll just make a new one. Just have to clean this up first." She said while dumping the burnt pancake to the trash.

"Did you sleep well?" She asked while washing the pan in the sink.

"I did. I haven't slept as well as I did last night in ages." He answered truthfully. She smiled hearing his response.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked her back.

"I did. I dreamed we went to Wakanda together." She responded.

Bucky's eyebrows shot up.

"Really? That's interesting. Tell me more." Bucky encouraged her.

As she continued making pancakes, she told him about her dream.
She explained the places they went in the dream. The beach, the mountains, the market, the royal family palace. She had done a little research on Wakanda, so the way those places were depicted in her dream were quite accurate. But she also explained she saw a small hut on a village, with goats grazing nearby. And she saw Bucky, he had  long hair and full moustache and beard. His hair half pulled back in a bun. His left arm missing. Bucky was shocked. Somehow Adriana saw his past in her dream. He sat down on a stool nearby, feeling light headed. She continued explaining her dream, oblivious to Bucky's reaction to her story.

"The weirdest part of the dream is that I fought the Dora Milaje.. well it wasn't a real fight, it was like they were training me. They had spears and I also had one. It was cool." She said excitedly.

"That's a very interesting dream." Bucky commented after she was done telling her story. He wondered if it meant anything. It seemed impossible that the Dora Milaje would ever train Adriana.

"How did you know about the Dora Milaje?" Bucky asked curiously.

"Well, after I saw King T'challa announced to the world that they are opening Wakanda to the world, I did a little research. I read about the team of elite special forces female warriors that guarded the King, and was intrigued. I saw pictures and videos of them doing training. Someone leaked them on the internet. They're absolutely awesome." She said in awe.