Chapter 23 - Temptation

Warnings : Fluff, lime.. if you're underage or not comfortable reading lime you can skip the parts marked with ~

Bucky didn't realize he could enjoy dancing so much. Back in the 40s he went out dancing just to please the girls he was chasing. But he didn't particularly like the activity. Dancing with Adriana was a different thing entirely though. He loved the feel of her hand in his, the closeness of their bodies, the loving stare she gave him throughout the whole dance.

As the song came to a close, he released his hand from her waist and with his right hand guided her to twirl away from him and then he pulled her back to him. As she came back to him, he dipped her low, eyes locked on each other. He pulled her back up when the song ended, and glancing at her perfectly kissable lips, he closed the gap between them and kissed her. Slowly at first, but getting more urgent by the second. Slowly his hands wrapped around her whole body, and she locked her hands behind his neck.

~

He picked her up, carrying her to the sofa still locked in each other's lips and embrace. He slowly laid her down on the sofa. Breaking the kiss, he looked at her. She was looking at him in the most sensual way. He had never seen anyone so beautiful. He stroked her cheeks softly and started kissing her again.

He kissed her forehead, her eyebrows, her nose, her cheek, he deliberately skipped her lips and went to her ear instead. He planted soft kisses behind her ear and she let out a soft moan. He felt his manhood twitched listening to her moans. He continued peppering soft kisses along her neck, and gradually moved down to her chest.

His left hand cupped her right breast and started kneading it. She wasn't wearing a bra, so he could feel her nipples hardened on his hand. While doing so, he planted kisses on top of her left breast then he sucked at where her nipples would be. Adriana let out a louder moan. He could feel his manhood hardened. Is this the moment? Bucky thought.

He slipped both sleeves of her dress to the side, almost ripping them. And her breasts popped open. They were the most beautiful and perfect breasts he had ever seen. He continued his ministrations on both her breasts. Licking and sucking at her nipples with fervour.

Adriana moaned louder.

"Bucky..ooh yes..I love you." She stated.

~

Bucky froze listening to her saying love. He suddenly had a flashback to when Rhodey told him that love is better built on truth than lie. He stopped abruptly, surprising Adriana.

"What's wrong?" Adriana asked, confused.

He couldn't do it. Not when the horrific fact between them was still unsaid. He wanted so much to have her right there and then. He wanted to express his passionate love to her and to claim her as his, in body and soul. But he couldn't do it. He didn't want to build a relationship with her while still lying to her. But he also could not bring himself to say the words. He was so afraid of hurting her and afraid of the possibility that she would break his heart and not want to be with him again. His head ached. He quickly thought of a reason to say to Adriana on why he stopped, beating himself up internally for being such a coward.

"I'm sorry.. I can't do it." Bucky finally said.

He pulled the sleeves of her dress back to her shoulders, and fixed the neck line so they covered her breasts again.

"I.. think we're going too fast." He continued.

Adriana looked at him incredulously.

"Is it something I said? Or did?" She asked, wrapping herself with her hands, feeling vulnerable after what almost happened.