Chapter 15 - Destiny

Moments later Bucky found himself lying on the grass, Adriana next to her, both giggling and panting. It took all of his willpower to stop kissing her and continued to the forbidden territory. He didn't want to do the deed with her now, out in the open. He wanted it to be done in private. Besides, he wasn't sure if he was ready. It had been a long time since he last had sex. He needed to make sure he could go through with it before engaging with Adriana.

He looked up to the sky, took deep breaths and started to calm down. Adriana did the same. She was lying on his left side. Her right fingers intertwined with his left fingers. Adriana pulled his left hand up and asked.

"Do you mind taking these off?" She asked, referring to his gloves.

"Sure." Bucky said, not sure where this was going. He took both his gloves off and set them aside. Adriana held his metal hands up, studying it.

"What is this made of?" She asked while stroking his fingers and hand slowly, taking his breath away. He didn't know he could feel light touches on his metal fingers. The Wakandans did a great job.

"It's made of vibranium." Bucky answered.

"Isn't that from Wakanda?" She asked.

"Yes..they actually made this for me, back when I was there trying to deprogram the Winter Soldier from my mind." He answered

"Oh. How was it like over there?" She asked.

"It was.. at moments calming, I had some moments of peace over there. And at other moments, I felt I didn't belong either. It felt like I was on vacation, if you know what I mean. I'm eternally grateful though to them for helping me get my mind back. They really were..are..nice people." Bucky answered.

"I'd love to go there someday." She said.

"Yeah, if an opportunity comes up I can take you there." He smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Since you had your mind back, have you felt you found your new home?" She asked carefully. Bucky was silent for a moment, contemplating what to say.

"To be honest, no. I mean I'm back living at the place where I was born. And the signature of the old Brooklyn is still there. But it's a different era, you know. Sometimes I still feel I'm not supposed to be here. Like I don't belong..still." He said sadly.

"But..meeting you has been life changing..for sure. I feel like..maybe..all the bad things that have happened to me in the past helped me find my way to you. I mean..if I wasn't caught by Hydra and became the Winter Soldier, I probably wouldn't have met you. I'd most probably be dead now." He laughed but Adriana didn't.

She stared meaningfully at him. Love in her eyes. She pulled his metal fingers up to her lips and kissed the fingers one by one, her eyes never left his. Bucky swallowed hard. He really didn't know he could feel kisses on his metal fingers. Adriana stopped and asked.

"Can you feel it?" Referring to her kisses on his metal fingers. He cleared his throat.

"Yes..I can.." his voice came out still hoarse. He could not believe what this girl was doing to him. He was overwhelmed. She continued kissing his fingers. She then picked his right hand and kissed his right fingers one by one. Bucky swallowed hard again.

"Does it feel different?" She asked.

"Umm..yeah.. obviously my right fingers are a lot more sensitive than my left fingers. But..I like what you did to both set of my fingers." He answered teasingly.

She smiled. She then rolled over, put her body on top of his and kissed him on the lips. Bucky lost all sense of place and time. He could only feel her. He could only sense her. His five senses picked up only her. The way she tasted on his lips and tongue, the way her hands touched his arm and hair, the way her apple scented fragrance overwhelmed his nose. It was pure bliss.