Chapter 10 - Training

Bucky arrived at Avengers compound at around 9 am. This time the security guards knew who he was and promptly let him in. After parking his motorcycle, he entered the main building. He didn't know where Sam was, so he called him. Apparently he was at the training room. So he went there.

The training room was on the second floor of the main building. When he arrived, he saw Sam training Kate, Kamala and Riri. He was like a gym trainer. Barking orders at them. Asking them to do push ups and stuff. Bucky was suddenly reminded of his time in the military. His heart ached, seeing those young girls train like that. They're just kids. He thought. They're supposed to be enjoying their lives, and instead here they are, the burden of protecting the earth on their shoulders. He should say something to Sam about this. It didn't feel right to him.

Bucky walked closer to Sam and cleared his throat.

"Sam!" He called out.

Sam turned around and his stern face turned into a smiling face when he saw Bucky.

"Bucky, thought you wouldn't come today." Sam said.

"I said I'll come so here I am." Bucky said. He winked to the girls. Kamala and Kate blushed while Riri just stared at him, uninterested. Sam rolled his eyes.

"Don't flirt with them." Sam warned.

"I wasn't." Bucky said, defending himself. Bucky then produced a box from inside his jacket. It was EDITH. He gave it to Sam.

"Thanks for EDITH, Sam. She was really helpful."

"No problem, Buck. I hope your mission went well?" Sam asked discreetly, not wanting the girls to know what it was exactly that they were talking about.

"Uh..yeah..not finished yet, but I won't need EDITH anymore." Bucky answered.

"Not finished?" Sam asked, his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah..I'll explain later." Bucky said. He didn't want to tell Sam right away about what happened. He knew Sam was just going to bully him about it.

"So, what do you want me to do?" Bucky asked.

"Well, you can teach these girls martial arts maybe? Like you thaught Nat back in the day?" Sam asked carefully.

Bucky sighed. He did train Nat and other widows in the red room. He didn't want to be reminded of it. Especially since Nat was already gone. He felt a bit sad remembering her.

"Fine. Are you done with them?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah yeah. Go ahead." Sam said.

"I need to train Torres, will you be alright here alone?" Sam whispered on Bucky's ears.

"Torres?" Bucky asked, confused.

"Yeah, you remember him? The guy from air force that helped us track Karli. I've been teaching him to use wings like what I have. We were able to make another set of wings. So I train him to use it." Sam explained.

"Oh okay. Yeah, I'll be fine. I'll let you know when I'm done." Bucky said.

Bucky spent almost three hours training the girls. Only Kate had martial arts background. So he had to really tone down the stuff that he taught them and teach them the basics. By the end of the three hours, all of them were drenched in sweat. Kamala looked like she was about to pass out. Riri just laid on the floor, not moving. Only Kate seemed to still have some energy.

"You girls were awesome. I'm sorry if I was too hard on you." Bucky said to them.

"It's okay Mr.Barnes. I never expected training to be an Avenger would be easy. That was actually quite fun." Kate said.