Chapter Eleven

Bianca kept her eyes glued to the patio doors, watching the two men speak calmly to one another as they sat across from each other at a table.

"Will you at least sit down?" Kara pleaded as Brandon rest in her arms. "You're about to give me an anxiety attack over here."

It almost physically hurt to tear her gaze away, but Bianca forced herself to go sit on the couch, which still had an okay view of the going-ons outside, while allowing her to be less obvious about it.

"What are you so worried about, anyhow?"

So many things that Bianca wasn't sure if she'd be able to even count that high. "I'm worried that Kade's going to say something that'll get him punched in the face."

"What's the worse he could say? I mean, it isn't like we know for a fact that my dad has a crush on you. And even if he did, it's not like he'd do anything about it."

Twelve hours before, Bianca was naïve enough to think the same thing. That was before she found Kade waiting for her in the guest house.

"Why do I have a feeling there's something you aren't telling me?"

Again, Bianca's inability to reply in a timely fashion had given her away. Although Kara was like a sister to her, and they were as close as they could be, considering Bianca was emotionally shut off half the time she knew her, Bianca was pretty sure there were limits to how cool Kara could be about this.

"Because there is something I'm not telling you, and I think it's for the best that I continue not telling you."

Kara's eyes were on her. Though Bianca was still staring straight ahead at the two men, she could feel the stare. "You don't want me to have to lie to my husband more than I already have, do you?"

"I don't," Bianca confirmed. "You shouldn't have to keep my secrets, Kara."

And just like that, the two men stood from their chair, and shook hands. There's no way that would have happened if Kade had divulged the truth. They walked in, now calm as could be, both men looking exhausted.

Matt probably hadn't slept much the night before, out of worry he'd royally screwed up his relationship with his father-in-law. And his father-in-law? He hadn't slept at all because he'd been royally screwing her.

"We've decided on a do-over," Kade announced. "Seeing as dinner didn't go quite as planned, I'm taking everyone out to breakfast before Bianca heads out of town."

Bianca did her best to sound perky, to sound like she didn't have a care in the world. "That's very kind of you, Mr. Calloway."

It was her first time calling him by his last name, and damn if it didn't feel strange.

"It's my pleasure, Bianca," he said with an earnest smile. "And I prefer to be called 'Kade', if you don't mind."

"The first time you said my name, I imagined you groaning it out as I fucked you. I imagined you screaming it while you orgasmed over and over again. That's what I want from you, Bianca. Tonight, I want you groaning and screaming my name until the sun rises."

*************************

With the baby in the crib in the living room, and Kara and Matt upstairs getting dressed, Bianca was left alone with Kade. She tried keeping herself occupied, cleaning the dishes in the sink. But only a minute went by before she felt Kade's chest press against her back, and his hand came up to cup her breast.

"It's only been an hour since we had sex."

"I remember," Bianca muttered, letting out a groan as she felt him pinch her nipple.

Any distance between them closed, and Kade's erection pressed against her lower back. "I'm fifty-three years old, Bianca. I shouldn't have been able to fuck you that many times last night, and I shouldn't be ready to fuck you now."

Bianca bit the corner of her lip, trying to stifle the moan growing inside her. "You're the doctor. I'm sure you can come up with a prognosis."

"I already have," Kade spoke in a laugh. "My prognosis is that I haven't desired a woman this much in a good twenty years, and it's making me horny as all hell."

Bianca turned in his grasp, and looked directly into those perfect, brown bedroom eyes of his. "Well, you're just going to have to think some very unsexy thoughts, because there's no way I'm having sex with you when my brother's right upstairs."

Kade just smiled at her. "How about a kiss? You willing to kiss me with your brother right upstairs?"

"Wouldn't that just lead to more sexy thoughts?" Bianca asked in an even tone, despite her stomach doing flip-flops.

Kade leaned in and nuzzled her nose with her own. "That's a risk I'm willing to take."

He didn't wait for her reply. Kade's lips brushed against hers before taking them completely. Those soft lips that devoured her yesterday were now taking their sweet time, moving against her mouth like a symphony. His hands cupped her face like a long, lost lover, stopping her from being able to cut it short.

Not that she had the will power to stop him at this point. Bianca was completely consumed by him. The way his hands felt against her skin, the way his beard tickled at her chin, the way his tongue devoured her while still being so gentle, the way his small moans coursed through every inch of her insides.

When his lips separated from hers, Bianca had to grasp the counter behind her to stop herself from falling. The night before, they'd barely kissed. It seemed strange to think about, but his mouth had been so busy doing other things they hadn't taken much time for the simplest of intimate act.

Kade took her hand and pressed it against his erection. "This is the person you're turning me into, mi cielo," he told her, then brought her hand upward until her palm lay flush against his chest. "But this is why I can't stay away. You feel that heartbeat? How fast it's racing? That's because you're breathing all this life into me.

"I lied my ass off to your brother while we were out there. I lied because it was my only chance of being able to keep you; because we're still too new for me to ask you to risk everything on something the world would consider a whim. But I assure you, Bianca, while this may be impulsive, it's still very fucking real. I may want this body of yours, but I want your heart and your mind just as badly.

"If this was just sexual, we'd be able to have our fun before going our separate ways, without your brother ever knowing. But this is so much more than that. I know you're going to have trouble trusting in that. You're only recently divorced, and your heart's been put through the ringer more than once. But once you do trust in it, we will have to come clean."

Bianca nodded. "I know."

The problem was that she already knew she could trust in it. At least, trust in him. Kara had told her enough to know that Kade was very cautious with his heart. If he'd dated after the divorce, his daughter would have known. Her exact words were, 'he swore off all women', so if he wanted a future with her, that meant something. He was willing to let someone into his heart and his life.

So the longer they waited, the less he'd be able to trust in that.