Chapter Fourteen

Kade's alarm felt blaring inside the otherwise silent house. The sun was trickling in through the curtains, it was still early. Too damn early. A masculine groan sounded from the man behind her, and the hand that was draped across her stomach escaped, feeling its way behind him until he clutched the phone in his hand and silenced the intruding sound.

After giving her body a stretch, Bianca turned to rest her head against his chest. "I wish I could wake up to you like this every single day, minus the alarm."

His hand trailed down the wild strands of her hair, and he placed a soft kiss on the top of her head. "I told you I want to give you everything your heart desires. If that's what your heart desires, we'll make it happen."

Bianca lifted her head enough to look into his deep brown eyes. "How? I don't feel right moving into the guest house when I'm already betraying Matt. It'd would just seem like a bigger 'fuck you' to him. And I certainly can't expect you to keep driving down here. That wouldn't be fair to you."

"I suppose that only leaves one solution, then, doesn't it?"

The smile creeping across his face was new to Bianca- devilish- but she could still read exactly what it meant. "I have no intention of moving in with you, Kade. Not right away."

"It's logical."

"It's fucking nuts," Bianca countered. "Kara knows we have feelings for each other, and even though she feels uneasy about it, I think she's been pretty great. But once this all comes out, I don't want to feel like I'm throwing this in her face. I don't want to it to feel like that for either of them. They're going to need time to adjust to us being together, and it will take so much longer if you and I jump into living together right away."

Kade's head weaved back and forth for a moment or two, seeming to contemplate the words. "Or it will show how serious we are about one another."

"Or they'll think you're having a mid-life crisis."

He laughed. "If I'm at the mid-life crisis stage, I'll be living to 106," Kade told her before climbing on top of her. "Okay, so there's one other option, but you're going to fight me tooth and nail on it."

Bianca's eyes narrowed on him, feeling a slight turn in her stomach. "Okay... mental boxing gloves are on."

"You ready?"

"Hit me."

Kade moved a strand of her disarrayed hair away from her face, tucking it behind her ear. "It means allowing me to do something you won't be very comfortable with, but I hope you'll consider."

"Are you trying to solve our issue by asking me for anal? Because, despite what men think, sex does not solve every problem, and breaking my ass muscles is just adding a whole other mess of issues."

Kade let out a soft laugh. "gluteus. The word you're looking for is 'gluteus'."

"Why am I looking for the word 'gluteus'?" Bianca questioned, completely lost.

"Those are the muscles in your ass. But no, I'm not asking for anal. Wouldn't be opposed to it, mind you, but despite my behavior around you, my mind isn't purely focused on sex.

"What I was proposing was me getting you a house or an apartment in the city. We'd each have our own space, close enough where we can fall asleep next to each other whenever we please, never having to sneak around. You'd be able to work on mending things with your brother, and I'd be able to mend things with Kara. Separate lives, close together."

Fuck, she wished it didn't make sense. Bianca wasn't a fan of handouts, but no matter what move she made, it didn't make much of a difference. Right now, she was living with her parents free of charge. If she moved in with her brother, that would have been free of charge. The only difference was that was her family making the offer, not a man who'd only walked into her three days prior.