Chapter 33: Thanksgiving Part 1

Dakota's POV

I'm in the middle of a session when my ringtone decides to play itself in the middle of my study. Huh. My mom is calling me. What did I do now?

"Hi mom! What do you need now?" I pick up.

"Hi honey, how's school?" She asks.

"Is somebody sick? You never call to ask me about this. Heck, you never call even call... What's up?" I question.

"Why? Is it wrong for a concerned mother to ask?" My mum admonishes.

"No but the first lady of the United States of America it is." I retort.

"Oh such negativity with you." She mutters.

"Anyways,, I'm just calling to ask you before anything else. Would it be alright for you if we invited Harry and his family for thanksgiving next week." She adds.

"Oh really? You want to invite my boyfriend and his family to our family thanksgiving dinner next week? Are you sure you're ready for that stage in your relationship?" I chuckle.

"Harry comes from an excellent family. I don't see what the fuss is about." She states.

"How'd you know? Did you hire someone to investigate Harry and his whole family?" I joke.

There's silence on the side of the phone line. Jesus mother, can't you be normal for once? 

"Mom.... I'm guessing that you did the exact thing." I huff out.

"Well honey someone had to. You are getting serious with the boy and I needed information about his family background. It turns out that his family has a chain of hotels in England and I think it's a marvelous business to own." She explains.

"You're crazy." I grumble.

"Crazy for my family's future and security. Now if you'll excuse me I have a charity dinner event to attend. I will see you next week in the Hamptons." She hangs up.

Nice catching up, mom.

The door opens to reveal my dorm mate, Isabelle who apparently is a vegetarian and an active member of the Earth-Andover society where in they talk about global warming stuff. I've never heard of a more boring High School activity than that. No offense, Isabelle.

"There's a party going on in the dorm next to ours. Wanna watch boys get wasted and girls being total slutbags around each other?" She suggests.

"Do I!!" I exclaim and jump off the bed.

"I hear Jackson Copperfield is trying to pursue you again." She laughs.

"Only because elections are coming up" I retort.

"What? He needs to advertise his new hairstyle to the whole United States?" She laughs.

"No... I think it's the hair gel. He probably needs all the modelling job he gets and not go to college." I joke, putting on my boots.

"Shall we?" Isabelle opens the door for me.

"We shall, my earth-loving dorm mate." I reply, walking out of our room as we head out.

*******************************************************************************

THE WEEK AFTER

"D, can you fix my tie?" Marvin asks.