Chapter 35: Slip of the Tongue

Harry's POV

"Take five, boys!" Paul, our choreographer exclaims.

I take my phone out of my pocket, hoping for a text from Dakota. Nope.. nothing.. but I do have one from my mum.

Morning H! Will Dakota be visiting us for the holidays? x

I guess I haven't really asked her properly about it. I mean we have been talking about it through the phone for quite some time now, but never really serious.

I'll get back to you on that one, mum x H

Alright. Tell me ASAP okay? love you.

love you too mum x H

I scroll to my favourites and look for Dakota's name and try to call her.

I hear giggling in the background and Dakota's faint laugh.

"Hello?" She picks up.

"Hey! Are you still up for Christmas break here in England?" I start.

"Who is this?" Her laughing stops.

"It's your boyfriend." I huff out.

"Harry? Oh my gosh I'm sorry, my stomach hurts from all the laughing. What's up?" She asks.

"Are we still up for Christmas break? Ya know, you watching my show and visiting Holmes Chapel for a couple of days or so." I suggest.

"Oh.. I don't know, Harry... I mean.. don't you think it's too soon that I visit Holmes Chapel?" She questions.

"No... Our parents have already met and I've already been to your house.. don't you think that's enough?" I scoff.

"Well yes but I don't know. This is kind of a big step and I still have-" I cut her off.

"I get it! You have finals and college applications to pass! Well I have a tour, interviews, live performances and public relations to attend to as well! You're not the only one who's tired here, Dakota! I love you and I miss you. Why can't you give time to visit me?" I sneer.

"Jules hold on! I need a moment." I hear her say through the phone.

"Harry, why are you springing this up right now? You were never like this before." She states.

"Well I've gone tired. Look, I need you to watch our first gig on the tour. I miss you and my mum wants to see you again. Could you please take at least a bit of your time from school and make time for me?" I plead.

I hear her sigh.

"You're lucky I love you." She mumbles.

"What was that?" I laugh.

"Nothing. I said I love you. I haven't asked my parents about this, you know... but I'm sure they are going to say yes, I am my father's daughter." She giggles.

"So is that a yes?" I ask.

"It's an almost yes... it's a maybe yes." She answers.

"There's a maybe yes now?" I chuckle.

"Maybe.." she replies.

"Dakota! Hurry up! I don't want to miss out on the mashed potatoes!" I hear Julia shout from the other side of the phone.

"Er. I guess I better go. My cousin needs her potato fix. Bye. I love you!" She exclaims.

"Erm bye. I love you too, babe." I reply.