Chapter 22: Royal Pain

Dakota's POV

I woke up feeling a bit unfazed. Then it hit me, I have to talk to Harry today.

I grab my phone from the bedside table to see 3 missed calls and a voice mail all from him.

As much as I want to listen to the voice mail right now, I am still pissed as fuck.

Jumping off the bed, I hurriedly run up to my bathroom to take a quick shower and change into a sweater, jeans and boots, I'd rather look under dressed than overdressed since all I'm going to do later is scream at my ex boyfriend about that Annabelle girl.

"Hello dear, where are you off to?" My dad asks as I sit with them by the dining table.

"Well, I'm off to meet up with a friend actually." I reply.

One of our nannies put a plate of bacon and pancakes in front of me and I dig in.

"Does that friend of yours happen to be British and part of a certain band?" he inquires.

"How'd you know?" I question.

"Their manager updates Amanda my P.A. and she reports all of it to me." He answers.

"Honey, I know what I did was wrong, using him to date you, but after seeing the both of you develop as a couple, it actually showed that Harry was really into you, business deal aside. What I did to you was and is unforgivable but I know deep down you still love him and he still loves you, you're just too stubborn to accept the facts." he continues.

"Dad, I forgive you. I mean yeah I'm pretty much a handful myself but please don't interfere with my life next time? I love you and all but I do know how to pick my guys and yes, stubborn that I am, I do love that bastard but he cheated on me when we were together. I can't give him another chance that easily." I shrug my shoulders.

"No, I'm no asking you to give him a chance, no. What he did is wrong, we all know that. But you're the one who's gonna have to decide. If you love him that much that you're willing to take the risk, then do it, but if your heart is ready to give him up, then you so should you." he states.

"Wow. Never thought I'd have a conversation about my love life with the U.S. President. This is something," I giggle and I take a bite of my pancake.

"Well I am your father and yes it is quite odd that I'm talking to my 17 year-old daughter about her love life." He retorts.

"By the way, your mother and I have a brunch meeting with the Prince & Princess of Belgium tomorrow, I suggest you come and eat with us later. I suppose their son would want to meet you." he smiles at me.

"Are you setting me up with the Prince of Belgium?" I scoff.

"Well if that's what you're implying, then yes." He replies.

"I'l try." I mutter.

We eat in silence right before Amanda, his P.A. walks in on us having breakfast.

"I'm sorry to bother you Sir, M'am, but the British Consul has arrived." she says in such professionalism.

"Oh.... let me get right on it then." Dad stands up from his seat, removes the paper napkin towel from his lap and gives me a kiss on the forehead before heading to the Oval office,

That reminds me, I have to prepare my voice for all the yelling that's going to happen in a little while.