Chapter 28: 3rd Party

Dakota's POV

It's the weekend before the finals, and I decided to stay in our old house in the Hamptons, where the people are classy, and no people just barging in trying to get a picture with you. 

I am inside my bedroom reading my book for Literature class, just in case my teacher adds some questions about Jane Austen and anyone alike.

"Hey! Whatcha doing?" A voice startles me.

"Mother chucker! Styles, you scared me!" I gasp.

"Sorry, I guess my girlfriend doesn't like surprises." He retorts.

"But your last surprise was the best one yet." I smile up at him who is making his way to sit beside me in my bed.

Ah yes, the New York trip. Pretty much the highlight of all my trips to New York.

"Yeah I guess you could say it was a nice surprise." He puts an arm around my shoulder and pulls me close to him.

"Although, covering my eyes and dragging me off to some place isn't considered a romantic gesture." I clarify.

"Yeah but it lead up to it." He chuckles and kisses me on the cheek.

"I have exams to study for, what are you doing here anyways?" I ask.

"Well it's my free day, and me being the most caring boyfriend that I am, decided to visit my girl, the face that could launch a thousand ships." He kisses my face.

"Wow, thanks for the allusion." I giggle as he continues to pepper my face with quick kisses.

"Ugh! Your kisses are so sloppy!" I chortle.

 "as if yours aren't" He retorts.

"Puh-lease, you love my kisses." I pout fakely.

"Can't argue with that one." He replies nuzzling my hair with his face, his nose tickling my scalp.

"I really can't finish anything with you beside me, can't I?" I huff, closing my book looking at my boyfriend wondrously.

"Nope, don't think so." He laughs kissing me chastely on the lips.

"Want to walk around the villages and head out to the beach?" I suggest.

"I'd be delighted to, Miss Burke." He chuckles and kisses my knuckles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Keep the change." Harry tells the ice cream guy.

We are walking around by the sidewalk, looking at the shops, holding hands and we look like a typical couple on a Sunday morning. Well, bodyguards following us behind, aside. 

"So this is the typical weekend at the Hamptons." He says talking a lick off his ice cream.

"Yup. I love staying here, it's serene, the people are nice and of course, celebrities." I retort.

"Huh, I wonder what it feels like being neighbors with Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin." He wraps an arm around my waist as we continue to stroll around town.

"Yeah I mean, it's pretty normal I guess." I laugh.

"You do know that the paps are probably going to get photos of us strolling around town, right?" He asks.

"What a better way for people to know that we got back together." I smile up at him.

"God, you are amazing." We stop walking and he enfolds me in his arms, also aware of the ice cream I'm holding.