Chapter 20: Almost is Never Enough

Dakota's POV

What the fuck have I done?

Dammit Dakota, why the fuck are you so weak? I mean that guy practically used you for the fame and you just agreed to be his friend? Wow you really are a blondie.

Once Harry and I got back inside, I decided to find Kendall who is probably wandering around doing different selfie posses on her phone.

As soon as I find her alone drinking coke from a bottle, I grab her arm and lead her to the side.

"Ow D! What's the prob?" She admonishes.

"Kendall, I may have lead Harry on into thinking we could start again." I state.

"What? Are you fo shiz?" she raises her voice.

"Fo shiz. But don't worry I told him we could be friends." I assure her.

"Friends? You two? Friends? Hah. I doubt your friendship is going to work out." she chuckles.

"You think I'm going to fall in love with him all over again?"  I cross my arms.

"D, I don't think. I know." she replies.

"Yeah no, I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon. Besides, I still do have other options." I say.

"Other options? You mean other admirers to choose from? Let's see, there's Riley, that other cute guy from Harry's band, and probably a cute barista from Starbucks." she giggles and takes a sip from the coke bottle.

"That's right! I still have Riley." I wiggle my eyebrows.

"So are you going to chase Riley now?" she scoffs.

"Well....... not necessarily 'chase' no. I'm going to find out if there's a possibility for us in becoming more than childhood friends." I lie

Crap. I know she is not going to buy this.

"That is bullshit, D. I know what you have in mind and no, I am not on board with the whole 'Use-Riley-to-make-Harry-jealous' thing." she hisses.

"Ugh.... I hate the fact that you're being a total angel right now, K. Fine..... I guess I have to face the music." I grumble.

"Mhm. It'll only take a month and then BOOM! You guys are back together." she says.

"Yeah I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon though." I giggle.

"Alright. Whatever you say, girlie." she winks at me.

I roll my eyes at her.

I am not going to fall for Harry Styles..... again.

****************************************************************************************

"Dakota! Styles is here!" Marvin knocks on my door.

I open my eyes to see that it's daytime. Ugh. I have equestrian lessons today. 

But what is Harry doing here?

"I'm coming!" I shout back and put my hair in a ponytail.

I walk out of my room and head straight to the kitchen to see Harry sat down on one of the breakfast bar stools eating a bowl of cereal.

"What are you doing here so early?" I question.

"Just here to visit my pal." he smirks at me.

I roll my eyes to his reply. Pal my ass.

I decide to sit a seat apart from him as the nannies put my breakfast in front of me.

"Yay!" I smile at the plate of Eggs Benedict and Mashed Potatoes.