Chapter 26: Kiss Cam

Dakota's POV

Because it's Friday and I'm starting to miss the city, my parents allowed me to go to New York for the weekend. Thank goodness for that one. Life at Andover's been a bit hectic. The Acquaintance party was alright, I mean I was alone so it was pretty dull. 

I know what you're thinking, yes Me, I was alone, it was pretty sad but I didn't give a fuck about anyone's business there. There were lots of people making out in places I never thought was possible but hey, it's high school. 

The boys and I decided to meet there in the city because they're currently there right now doing god knows what.

"Hey Dakota!" A random girl greets me as I walk out of my dormitory with my carry-on suitcase.

"Hello there, person I've never encountered before in my whole life." I reply and walk away.

People were staring at me as if I were a lunatic. What did I do? 

"Hi there, have you signed up for any clubs this school year?" A girl with the blue shirt that says World Youth Alliance asks me.

"Um no but are you offering me a membership to your club?" I ask.

"As a matter of fact, yes I am, we would love for you to be one of us, we get to travel around the world and become ambassadors for the youth of different nations and we also get to attend UN conferences and any other events alike. So... you in?" she inquires.

You know what, this will be good for my reputation and I'd love to join.

"Sure. What's your name?" I ask her.

"Maria." She answers with a smiles.

"Well.... Dear Maria, count me in." I retort. Haha. All Time Low song.

"Great, please sign here." She points at a portion of a paper which I'm going to sign at.

"Thank you. Have a great weekend!" She gives me a wave and I just smile and walk away again.

One of the guards take my carry-on suitcase and I slide inside the Range Rover. Finally, I get to be with people who are like me.

The car doesn't start to drive away though.

"Who are we waitiing for, Peter?" I ask the driver.

"Your cousin, Julia will be coming along, Ms. Burke." He replies.

Well whoopie! 

"Hey koko!" Julia exclaims as she hops inside the car and Peter slides into the traffic and we head off.

"Never call me, Koko." I tell her.

"Why not? Dakota's a pretty long name, and Koko's pretty cute." She replies.

"If you have to call me anything just call me by the letter D okay? D for Dakota." I reprimand.

"Sheesh. Alright alright." She giggles.

This is going to be a long flight.

"Ah! New York!" A smile forms on my lips as I walk out of the airplane doors. 

"You can get out now, Dakota, you're holding the line." Julia states.

"Sheesh. What's eating you?" I retort and walk down the threshold of the airplane.

"Where we heading to, Peter?" I ask the moment I stand firmly on the ground of JFK.

"To the Rockerfeller's, Ms. Burke." He answers as he opens the car door for us.