Chapter 18: Thanksgiving Break

After months of hard work of school, everyone was so glad to know Thanksgiving break was now only a week away. The weather had started getting colder and it finally started to look like fall, or at least as fall as it could look in LA, which wasn't as pretty as it was at home, but it was still really nice. 

I lay on my stomach on my bed with the balcony door open to let in fresh air as I read the last two chapters of a book we had to read for school. I wanted to get these chapters over with even though it was a Friday afternoon because I wanted the rest of the weekend to relax. I love reading but why are these books we're required to read in high school so stinking sad and boring, like at least one character has to die in a disgusting way in each book and every single thing has to represent something even if it's not relevant to the story. Books that I choose to read on my own however are so fun and interesting and-

Suddenly my phone buzzed as it lay a few feet away from me on my bed. Normally if it's not Noelle or one of the boys, it's a scam call. But this phone call was not normal. I looked over and did a double take wondering if I read it right. Mom was calling me?

I reached over and picked it up. I slid my finger across the screen and held it up to my ear. "H-hi Mom," I said surprised.

"Annabelle! Sweetie! Oh it's so good to hear your voice again!"

I smiled. "Yours too."

"How have you been? Have you been eating enough? Is the Swayler family treating you okay?" she asked. 

I chuckled. "I'm good, yes they are wonderful. I love them all so much. They're a little crazy at times but... you'd love them," I smiled genuinely. 

"That is so good to hear because.. I may be meeting them soon."

My smile dropped to confusion. "What?"

As soon as I got off the phone I sat there a second in shock processing all this news, but only for a few seconds before I jumped off my bed and ran throughout the house looking for the boys. None of them were in their bedrooms upstairs, so as I ran down to the living room I heard some music from the basement then remembered a few of them said they were going to work out in the downstairs gym.

 I walked down there where workout music was blasting, and entered in the room to see Blake in a thin tank top, and Ash and Jordan shirtless. Max was in there too sitting on one of the benches doing something on his phone. He looked like maybe he came home from work then came down here to say hi to his brothers and got distracted and didn't care to leave. Relatable though. Tyler had come in here just seconds before I did and was on his way to mess around on one of the pull-up bars. Seconds after I came in, Josh did too and looked like he was about to start his workout. No one told me it was "everyone work out in the downstairs gym after school day" or that that was even a thing, until now apparently.  

The music was so loud that no one really noticed I entered the room except for Josh. However I of course noticed everyone, but especially Jordan and Ash. Ash was doing pull-ups facing towards the wall (covered in mirrors) and the moment I saw his back and shoulder muscles I was mesmerized like I never had been before. Cue the cat-call whistle because dang. Jordan was doing sit-ups while holding a large circular weight in his hands and that was almost just as hot. His abs and his arms... I shook myself out of it when I realized I was staring at the boys instead of sharing what I just learned which was much more important. I walked over to the stereo system and turned down the music a bunch. 

"Hey what was that for?" Jordan turned and looked to see me by the stereo system. All the boys now looked at me. 

"Guys. I have something to share," I stated.