Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Sophie's POV

"What the hell were you thinking? You can't just go marching off whenever you feel like it!" I rolled my eyes with my elbows on the table in front of me as Rick rambled on about how irresponsible I was. We were sat in what used to be an immigration office.

As he carried on talking, I looked at the sleeve of my jacket, where my wire cut had bled through the material in a neat line.

"Sophie." Glenn said, looking at me as I day-dreamed. I moved my eyes up and glared at him, then Rick. "Are you listening?" I rolled my eyes again and leant back in my chair, crossing my arms.

"We set up this school system so you could take your mind of off what's going on out there. Not for you to go and almost get yourself killed." Rick said, a little calmer.

I clenched my fists underneath the table. Carl, who was sitting next to me, with his hair still dripping, looked at me and put his hand on mine, telling me to calm down.
I couldn't calm down. I can't just act as if the world is back to normal. It fucking isn't.

I pushed back from the table and stood up, so quickly in fact that the chair toppled over and clattered against the floor. I gained a stern look from Rick and Glenn and a confused look from Carl.

"Soph...sit down." Carl said, quietly.

I started pacing around the small space behind me with my face in my hands.

"Sophie, can you SIT DOWN." Rick said getting pissed off again.

I laughed to myself. "You just don't freaking get it, do you?" they all remained silent.

"You think this is it. The end of the deep shit this world is in, JUST BECAUSE WE'RE IN THIS PLACE." I shouted.

"NO, SOPHIE THAT'S NOT-"

"YEAH IT FUCKING IS, RICK. THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T WANT US GOING OUT WHEN WE WANT TO LIKE BEFORE. This...this is crazy." I yelled, leaning against the wall.

"SOPHIE CALM DOWN. YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE BOUNDARIES." Glenn said, standing up.

"Oh you as well. When I thought I still had someone on my side." I said through gritted teeth.

Sure, I was angry, but I didn't understand why I felt this rush to yell out all of a sudden.
My head was booming- A buzz of negative emotions, and without being able to control it, my eyes poured out tears. I sank to the floor and cried.

Everyone remained silent until Carl stood up and crouched infront of me.
"Sophie, I get what you're saying, bu-" I flailed my arms around, getting him away from me.
"PISS OFF." I screamed. What I didn't realise at first was that I elbowed him, hard on the nose.

"Ow" he said as he put his hand over his nose. I looked up from my reddened eyes. Carl's nose was dripping with blood. I suddenly felt really guilty.

"Oh my God. Carl, I'm sorry. I-"
He stood up before I could finish my sentence. His face was full of disgust and irritation.

"You know what? I tried. Okay? I fucking tried to make you happy. I guess it didn't end well but your little bitchy attitude didn't help, did it." he said.

"I'm just as much to blame for this, but I'm not making some stupid song and dance about it. Why can't you just listen, for once. Please, Sophie. Just make life easier for everyone and think before you talk." He said, before walking away with his hand over his bleeding nose.

"Carl...I.." It was too late, he left the office and slammed the door. Another rush of anger swept over me.
"WELL FUCK YOU THEN." I yelled towards the door.

I sat on the floor in a mixture of tears and anger. Eventually Rick spoke.

"Tomorrow, you're going to school. No if's no but's. You hear me?" Rick said. "I'll call in on Kate in the morning. If you aren't there at 8:30, you better know that there'll be consequences." He said, before getting up. "And you two better settle this. We can't have you both being moody." He walked out.

"That was bad, Soph. You've gotta calm down, before you really get someone hurt." said Glenn, standing up.

"Rick loves you like his own- just like I do. That's why he's doing this." Glenn said, before he started walking out, too.

He looked back at me, then walked over.

"You come and sleep with us tonight. Maybe a little time apart would do you both some good." He said, reaching his hand towards me.

I got up and headed to the showers to wash the blood off of me.

Carl's POV

what the hell is up with her? I thought, as I went to the bathroom to clean myself up. Yeah, I can understand teenage mood swings and all that, but elbowing me in the face? What happened to make her be like this. Only three days ago we were...doing it. What's happened?

I went back to our store and collapsed onto the bed behind the counter. I sighed and sat up, taking my shirt off and replacing it with a dry one at the end of the bed. I dried my hair, which Sophie had tipped water all over and laid back down.

After sitting in silence for some time, I heard a voice. "Knock knock" it was Glenn. I jumped over the counter and went up to him.

"What's up?" I asked and he rummaged around in his pockets. He pulled out my watch and then my knife from his holster.

"I believe these are yours." He said, handing them to me with a friendly smile. "Thanks." I said putting my watch on and the knife on my holster which was hung up on a shelf.

"She asked me to give them to you. She's gonna sleep at our place tonight if that's okay." Glenn said, with his hands in his pockets. I leant against the wall and sighed.

"It's my fault." I said, looking at the floor.

"What?" Glenn asked.

"I let her go out. I gave her the knife and said she could go."

"But it's not your fault that she behaved like that. I know your pissed off with Sophie right now, but don't let it stick. We can't have you splitting up now."

I sighed again and scratched my forehead. "Is she okay?" I asked, looking at him.

"Ha. That's exactly what she asked me to ask you." I smiled at the floor.
"Yeah, she's alright. She had a shower, but she's in bed now. She cried for ages. She came out of the shower with red eyes. I don't know what's up with her." He said sounding a little worried.

"Me neither. I have early watch from five up till two tomorrow morning. Can I come by when I'm done?"

"Yeah, sure. I'm not gonna garuntee any positivity but it's worth a try." He smiled. I nodded.
"I've gotta get back." He said "Maggie's tired and I've got to get Alex to sleep." He said, rolling his eyes jokingly. I laughed.

"Okay. Thanks, Glenn. See you tomorrow." I smiled and he walked out, closing the curtain.

I went back over to the bed and laid down, staring at the ceiling. It was so quiet without Sophie being there. But I could cope for a night...I just hoped it was only one night.

__________

A/n

Hellooo

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter...sorry, it was a bit boring.

:)