Chapter 34

(A/n: chapter dedicated to Maxhamtay8 bc she hasn't been well for a long time, and needs bae hugs. Lyl, and get well soon xxx ((Hahaicopiedyou)) also, its only a matter of one or two more chapters until this is finished. Luckily for you ((heh. Idk.)) I'm doing a third and final story in this 'series' which will be out afterwards, so pleeeeaaase stick with me. Finally, it's time for me to go back to school, and any of my british readers will know that year 11= GCSE time, so its basically study all year round. That means I can't put my stories at top priority. I will update but just bare with me <3 ohhhhh and....smut warning :3 if you want to skip the smut, go straight to Carl's POV xx)

Chapter 34

Sophie's POV

I told Carl. I told him everything. Every last detail, and as soon as he managed to find words to say, he vowed to never leave my side ever again.

That has its good sides, and its bad sides.

Even though I do love him, when he doesn't give me any independence, it can get extremely irritating. Also, we could be unwillingly forced apart; kidnapped, lost, killed. Things could happen that we can't prevent and won't know about until they do happen.

It was hot. So hot that the heat distorted our vision. So hot that, if we didn't find a source of water soon, we could drop to the ground unconscious.

"Momom." Finn murmered from Carl's arms as he walked beside me.

"Pass her over." I said to Carl, as Finn waved her hands towards me. We stopped and swapped bags for baby.

"Are you okay?" He said as we caught up with the group.

"Yeah," I replied. "Just tired." I yawned, settling Finn in my arms. "My leg hurts too. I think the wound needs cleaning...and these filthy jeans aren't doing it any favours."

After settling the huge backpack which was strapped to him, Carl leaned down and kissed my cheek lightly. I smiled back as he held my free hand.

"You alright?" Harvey said as we reached the rest of the group. I nodded and smiled slightly, before standing on my tip toes.

Michonne and Rick were looking at an old visitor post map, hoping it would lead us to some sort of water.

"We have the walkie talkies, right?" Rick turned and asked.

Carl unzipped the side pouch of the bag and pulled one out, shaking it in the air. Maggie did the same.

"Right. So there's a towerblock of studio apartments a mile off. Through town centre and up past..." he checked the map. "Tonbridge street. If we all head towards the town centre, and half of us continue to the apartments, they can be checked for safety while the rest of us look for food and water.

We all agreed, and the group was split.

Glenn, Maggie, Alex, Addie, Zach, Rick, Carol, Judith, Finn, Carl and I headed past the town towards the apartments to get the kids there as soon as possible.

"Sophie, do you want me to take Finn for a while?" Glenn said, holding Alex's hand.

"It's okay," I said. "You have Alex to look after."

"No, It's fine. He can walk next to me. Just take my bag, and I'll take her.

She was sleeping on my shoulder, so Glenn took her off of me carefully, making sure not to wake her.