Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Sophie's POV

I stared at the names which I had began carving months ago. The most recent thing which I had carved was the letter 'C'. I had been thinking about it for a couple of days, waiting for an opportunity to get out into the woods, and I pulled out my knife.

Chloe

I dug the knife into the bark underneath where I carved the name, and was about to write the letter 'D', but I was stopped by nearby rustling, coming from the surrounding bushes.

I jumped up from where I was sitting, and held the knife tight in my hands. I began cautiously walking backwards, on the direction of the airport.

As I walked backwards, I tripped over a bump - possibly a rock- in the ground. I started to fall backwards, but my fall was broken as I hit into the body of a tall man, who looked in about his mid-twenties, who was wearing a brown leather jacket- the same one I had seen on whoever was running through the woods all those times in the past.

He pushed me upright by my shoulders and turned me around so I was facing him.

"who... are you?" I asked, quietly, still with a tight grip on my knife. He didn't reply. He smirked at me as I began backing away and he ran his hand through his greasy black hair.

"Name's Scotty." He said, with an Italian-American accent. I didn't trust this 'Scotty' guy one bit.

I didn't reply, but kept walking slowly away. He began walking forwards, reaching his hand into his back pocket. Then, he pulled out a gun and held it by his side.

My eyes were fixed to the weapon as I moved, quicker now, backwards.

I took several more steps backwards, until my heel hit something. I quickly turned my head around to see what it was. I had walked into a log on the ground.

I turned my head back towards Scotty, and he was now just inches away from me. He held the gun up, and I tried to look out for somewhere to run around him, but before I could move, he hit the gun against my head, making me lose balance and fall over the log.

My head hit against the ground, and my arm wrapped around my baby bump. My other hand was empty- I had dropped the knife.

He picked the knife up, and looked at it, before putting it into his pocket. I would've protested, but being unarmed and practically at gunpoint, that wouldn't be such a good idea.

He looked down to me, with an evil smirk spread over his face. He stepped over the log and bent down towards me, with the gun still in his hand.

"Get up." He said, kicking my leg, his smirk fading.

I looked at him, terrified, and he knelt down and grabbed hard onto my hair. He began pulling me up, sharply.

"Ow... get... get off of me." I said, moving a hand to my hair, trying to relieve the pain. He let go, And stared at me.

"When a man tells a... woman... to do something, you fucking well do it." he spat in my face. He put the gun away, and pulled out my knife.

Then, he began walking towards me again, quicker this time, and my eyes widened as I started moving away quicker.

I turned around to run, but I felt my arms be grabbed by a strong pair of hands. I immediately began to fidget, and try to get out of the strong grasp, but it didn't work.

I looked up to see another guy, who looked about the same age as the 'Scotty' guy. He pulled me forward and then pushed me against a large tree.

I struggled against him, again, kicking my legs, and trying to flail my arms, only to have my forehead pushed back by the first guy.