Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Carl's POV

She staggered up to me, with tears streaming down her face, closely followed by another guy.

I ran and ran as fast as my legs would carry me, wiping my eyes with my sleeve and holding Finn close with my other arm, sprinting too fast for anything to stop me.

As we got to eachother, I put an arm out as our bodies clashed together, and I pulled her into me as we both collapsed onto our knees.

"Oh my God. I...I thought I'd never see you again." I said, nuzzling my face into her shoulders.
"I...l..missed you s...so much." She stammered, breathing into my chest and balling my shirt up in her fists.

Looking up at me, she put her hands behind my neck and pulled my lips to hers. We kissed passionately for a long number of seconds, until she pulled away and pressed her forehead onto mine.

"I l..love you, Carl." She whispered, as I wiped away her tears with my thumb.

"What...what happened to you?" I said, staring at her blood stained forearms and the dark red patch surrounding a rip on the side of her light blue jeans.

She looked to the ground, without an answer. "I...it...it doesn't matter."

Before I could ask again, I felt a small tug on my hair, and turned my head. Finn was pulling my hair again.

"H...hey, babygirl." Sophie said, crying again. I put Finn down, holding her up by her arms. She stared at Sophie for a moment, before she leaned forwards and pulled her into a hug.

Finn began scrunching her hands into Sophie's hair- which had been cut.

She slowly stood up, carrying Finn.

I kissed her again on the lips. "I'm gonna say hi." She said with a tearful smile. As she stood up, she turned around to the guy behind her, giving him a nod of encouragement. She began walking- almost running over to everyone else.

I got up and walked over to the guy who had followed Soph. "Did you...help her?" I said.

He shrugged. "We helped eachother. You must be...Carl, right?" He said with a smile. "I'm Harvey."

"Thank you." I stopped and looked over to Sophie, currently being embraced by Glenn. I smiled and looked back at him. "You know...if you're alone, you could tag along with us. I mean, she trusts you so why shouldn't we? We aren't really headed anywhere but-"

"Sounds good." He said with a friendly smile.
He opened his mouth to say something, but his smile suddenly disappeared and panic spread across his face. I looked in the direction he was staring in, and we both began to run.

"Sophie?!" I called as I ran. She was laying on the floor, shaking violently, clutching her stomach. The group surrounded her.

"Oh my God. It's happening." Harvey said, kneeling next to her, tilting her head to the side.

"W...what's happening?" Glenn said, kneeling down.

"The...the poison."

"Poison? What the hell!" I shouted.

"I...look I know this is hard but we're going to have to play the waiting game. Her body is either going to reject the full amount...or..."

"OR WHAT?" I yelled.

I looked down at Sophie as she cried and huddled up in severe pain.

"She won't make it." I stared at him wide eyed.

"No. No. She can't." I kneeled next to her and squeezed her trembling hand. "You're gonna be okay. You always are."

She shook her head, with sorrowful eyes, before wincing in pain, and she continued shaking, running a sweat. Within seconds she began wheezing.

The kids were crying and Finn clung onto me from behind. I quickly grabbed her and handed her over to Judith, who stood away from us.

"W...ugh." she managed to wheeze, pointing towards the bottle of water hanging out of Glenn's pocket. Glenn chucked me the remainders of his bottle. I unscrewed the cap and lifted her head up, pouring water through her lips.

She began swallowing it and then became incredibly quiet. Then it all started again. She was shaking uncontrollably, and began choking. Then, she began spluttering. As she choked, a thick black gunky liquid began to seep out of her mouth.

"Sh...she's"

"She's what? What's happening to her?" I begged from Harvey.

"Turn her head sideways. She's rejecting it."

I did as he said, half relieved, half terrified.

For several minutes, Sophie chucked up the gunk, until she closed her eyes, her breathing unsteady and wheezy.

I put my hands under her head, resting it on my lap. "You're going to be okay, baby. I promise."

***

We had found another temporarily safe house. Well...safe counting the five walkers inside which we had to kill first.

Sophie- still unconsious, was laid onto one of the couches. "We need to patch her leg up." Maggie said, putting Addie on the floor.

She was right. The red patch of blood on her thigh had become bigger since earlier, and it was still bleeding.

"We need a clean needle and any thread you can find." Carol exclaimed as we set down our bags.

I walked up the flight of stairs and into the bathroom, opening the dusty cabinet above the sink. "Needle and thread. Needle and thread. Needle and th- aha." I said, as a long, thin piece of metal caught my eye in the jumbled cupboard.

I grabbed it, and looked at the needle. There was no thread.

I ran back downstairs, and handed the needle to Maggie, as Carol cut into Sophie's jeans, making the wound visible.

She then grabbed a bottle off of the floor which Dad had grabbed from the kitchen, dipping a rag in it and wiping it on Sophie's skin. She didn't flinch at all.

Using the same stuff, Maggie dipped the needle in, before pulling thread off of a reel given to her by Judith.

As she pierced her skin with the needle, I felt Sophie's hand squeeze slightly around mine, making my eyes dart towards her face.

Her eyes were still closed, but jer lips were moving, like she was talking but not making any sound.

"Get off. Get off of me. Leave me alone." She seemed to be saying, as her head shook, as if she was trying to avoid something.

"Soph. Sophie."I said, shaking her shoulder gently. She opened her eyes very suddenly, and relaxed a little after looking around.

"D...don't let them find me." She whispered with teary eyes.
"Please." She lifted up her right arm weakly, revealing a row of messy stitches.

I wanted to knkw what had happened. But I knew she wasn't in the state to answer all my questions.

"I won't let them." I said, pretending to understand, wiping a tear off of her cheek with my thumb. "I promise, I won't."

__________

A/n

Yayyyyy they're back togetherrrr

But oops. She left the tracker in her arm.

Comments??