Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Sophie's  POV

"Let's get movin'." Dad called as we collected the last of our things. Once again, we were leaving a house which we had been sleeping in for several nights.

"Da" Finn said, flailing her small arms at the milk bottle which I had briefly pulled away from her to pick up my hat which she knocked off of my head.

"Okay, Finn. Just...Give me a second." I said, stretching my arm far out to pick up the hat. I couldn't reach it. "Mrrr." She groaned again, squirming around in my arms.

"Finola STOP." I shouted, chucking the bottle onto the floor, putting my face in my free hand. Finn began to cry, making me clench my teeth together even more.

"Here." I looked up to see a pale looking Zach, with the bottle in his remaining hand and the hat under his arm. I let out a large sigh, rubbing my eyes and trying to settle Finn down by bouncing her up and down on my knee.

I took the bottle and tilted her back, letting her hold onto it, and then took the hat and placed it back onto my head.

"Thanks, man." I said to Zach, with an exhausted smile. He replied with a small nod as I stood up. I stared at his stump of an arm. His long sleeved shirt was tied up around it, blood staining it.

"How...is it?" I said, referring to the arm. He shrugged, looking at his arm.

"Feels...swollen. Sorta burns...but it's getting there. Shit's difficult now. Even more so than before. But I'm thankful. I'd rather have one arm than be one of them."

I nodded and looked down at Finn who was halfway through her bottle of formula. I sighed again. However young she was, she looked just like Sophie.

"You okay?" Zach said, making me look back at him. I nodded.

"I just...miss her."

"I know you do. We all do." He put his hand on my shoulder. "We'll see her again. Don't worry." I stared at the ground as he walked off.

"Carl. You ready?" Dad said, walking towards me with a large backpack around his shoulder.

"Mhmm." I replied with a small nod. "Gah. Finn. stop it." I said, as she pulled on my hair which stuck out from my hat.

"Here. Let me take her." Dad said, putting his arms out.

"You sure?" He replied with a nod, handing me the backpack as I passed her over.

I sighed again and settled my hat, joining the line of us walking out of the house.

Sophie's POV

"Ughh." I groaned as I stirred awake. The chemical I had breathed in had given me a dreadful headache.

I pulled on my arm to rub on the temples of my head- only...I couldn't move my arm.

My other arm- my left arm- was free. I tried sitting up, only for my body to drop back down because of the secure hold on my arm.

I looked up as I lay down and saw thick masses of rope snaked around my right wrist, to a post. A bed post.

"Oh my...fuck." I whispered, panicked.
I tried shaking my arm free, but the rope was too thick and too tight.

One arm tied to a bed post was enough for me to get rap-...no. Surely not.

I tried untying the rope with my free hand, but that didn't work.

Harvey. Would they...make him...?