Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Sophie's POV

I walked to the cafeteria, where I met up with Carl and Judith, who were up and ready way before me.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I said, kissing Carl on the cheek.

"You need to rest...duh." He said, with a smile.

"I'm only a month in. Don't worry about that yet." I said, walking over to where the food was. I picked up a oat bar and went and sat next to Carl and opposite Judith who smiled at me.

"Hey, Daryl!" Judith chirped as he walked past our table. He scooted backwards and leant against the table.

"Morning." He said, scratching his head.

"Does anyone have the time?" Judith asked. Carl checked his watch.

"9:37" He said and Judy shot up from her seat. "Crap." She said. "I'm late! I've gotta go meet Dad." then she ran off without saying goodbye. We laughed and then looked at eachother.

"Hey, I'm goin' out on my bike today. Any of ya wanna come with?" Daryl said, taking Judith's seat.

"Yeah, I'd love t-"

"Soph, why don't you stay here?" Carl cut me off, putting his hand on my knee. I looked up at him. He looked sort of guilty, but at the same time, serious that he didn't want me to go. "I'll come. I don't have watch today." he said towards Daryl.

"But I wanted to g-"

"Please." He said, close to a whisper. I looked to the floor, upset and nodded.

"Well...I'm goin in about ten minutes, so getcha self ready." Daryl said, with a raised eyebrow. He stood up and began walking out. "Main gate, ten minutes." he called, walking out.

Carl looked down to me. "Baby, I'm sorry...I just don't want anything t-"

"I get it." I replied, looking up at him and forcing a smile. He pulled me towards him and kissed my forehead. "I'm just trying to protect you...both. I know you're upset, but-"

"Carl, It's fine, okay?" I said, with a smaller smile. He looked at me and then stood up.

"I better go get my stuff." He said with a half smile. All I knew was that, while he was gone, I was going to get out into the forest, alone.

Carl's POV

I hated making Sophie feel like that. I knew she thought I was being too controlling , but I just wanted to make sure both her and the baby were safe.

I could tell her smile was fake, back in the cafeteria, and that made me feel bad, but i know in the long run, it would make it better.

"Ya ready?" Daryl said, as I walked up to him by the front gate. Glenn was there too.

I nodded and Glenn held his hand out, with a walkie talkie. "Let me know if you need any of us, okay?" He said and I nodded again, taking it off him and pushing it into my belt.

Daryl was sitting on the seat of the motorbike which we found in the airport car park when we first arrived. He had the engine ready and I hopped on the back.

"See you in a bit." Glenn said, as we drove out. I watched him close the gate as we drove away.

"Where are we headed then?" I shouted through the wind rushing past us.

"Nowhere really. Just wanted t'get out that place for a bit. It sucks being cooped up in there all the time." He said, looking at me with a raised eyebrow for a second.

"What...hey...I...you know it's for her fucking good, right? I haven't put her in jail." I shouted, getting the jist that Daryl was referring to how I made Sophie stay behind.

"She aint exactly heavily pregnant, Carl. You should be lettin her get out while she still can." He shouted with anger in his voice.

"Don't have a go at me, Daryl. You...you saw her back there, if she didn't want to stay, she would've fought back."

"That's bullshit, Carl. You and I both know those smiles were fake." He shouted, raising his voice more.

"Stop the fucking bike." I shouted.

"Why?" He replied.

"Because I'm not sticking around with you if all your going to do is lecture me on how much of a dick I am." I yelled.

"I aint fucking stopping. You wanted t'come with me, so you're stayin' with me."

I scowled and sat in silence as we sped through the forest and eventually into the highway on the other side.

Eventually, Daryl spoke again.
"It ain't your life, Carl. Let the damn girl do what she wants." He said spitefully.

"Fuck you." I muttered. He turned around again.

"Excuse me? Don't be fucking cursing just 'cause you're -"

"WATCH THE FUCKING ROAD"

The next this I felt was the motorbike jolt strongly forwards then spinning crazily suddenly, and then I hit the floor with a great thud. Something smashed against my head, and then my vision clouded over with darkness.

Daryl's POV (sorry for the constant change)
Carl was pissing me off with his words. Why does he have to be so arrogant? Can he not just accept the damn fact that he's wrong?

"Fuck you." I heard him mutter behind me.

I turned around with a pissed look on my face. "Excuse me? Don't be fucking cursing just 'cause you're -"

I was interrupted by Carl yelling in my ears: "WATCH THE FUCKING ROAD"

I drove straight into a decapitated walker, making me swirve quickly. Then the side of the front tyre hit a rock on the edge of the highway, chucking us into the air.

I felt myself get hurled off the bike and roll into the middle of the road.

As soon as there was silence, I got up and began walking. Then I noticed how awkwardly I had fallen on my arm, which was now broken. Blood was spurting out of my forearm from where it had split open, revealing the broken bone.

I went over to the motorbike, wincing.
"Carl?" I shouted, when I saw his body lying on the ground. His head had a massive bruise forming, with several bleeding scratches. I watched his chest gently rise and fall, which filled me with relief as I knew he was breathing.

The bike was over his left leg, stopping me from picking him up. I tried moving the bike outta the way with my good arm, but it wouldn't budge.

"Carl." I said, "CARL WAKE UP." He didn't move. I looked around his holster for the walkie talkie he got from Glenn. I found it and pressed the red button.

"Hello? Glenn? Ya there?" I said, panicked.

I heard a crackle, then his voice. "Yeah, hi Daryl. What's up?" He said sounding relaxed.

"It's... it's Carl. We've had an accident an' he ain't wakin' up." I said, clutching my excessively bleeding arm.

"What? Oh...shit...um. I'll bring a car. Where are you?"

"Just past the forest, on the highway. Can't miss us."

"Okay I'll be ten minutes." He said and there was another crackle.

He'd better be ten minutes. I Thought to myself. There's a god damn herd headin' our way.

__________
A/n

Ohhh noooo
What's gonna happen?!!!!

Stay tuned ;)