Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Sophie's POV

Glenn took me back to me and Carl's store... well I guess, at the moment, it's just mine. He stayed with me for a while and we sat in silence until I stopped crying.

"I'm... going to go and talk to him." Glenn said, sympathetically before smiling and walking out, leaving me alone.

I went to lie down on my bed behind the counter. I sprawled out in the middle of it, between both of our sides, staring up into the off-white ceiling.

After a few minutes, I started to feel uncomfortable, so I rolled to my left. My face was in Carl's pillow and as I breathed in, his familiar scent drifted up my nose... just like when I hugged him.

I grabbed the pillow and squeezed it, hard, and soon, I felt the warmth from my fresh tears spread across the material as it began to dampen my cheeks.

I stood up, and chucked the pillow back onto the bed and wiped my damp face on my sleeve. I walked around the counter and then out of the store, after checking I had my straight back knife in my holster.

Eventually, I was outside, and I decided to head towards the planes.

I walked up to the one at the end- the same plane which Carl and I sat on the wing of more than six weeks ago. I walked up the steps, shielding my eyes from the intense sun that was streaming down with my hand, and once I was at the top, I opened the door.

I went inside the plane, closing the door behind me. I slowly began wandering around, thinking quietly to myself. I decided to go into the pilot's cabin at the front of the plane.

I walked in and heard the 'click' of the door as I closed it. I sat on the pilot's chair and crosses my legs over my still flats stomach. I looked down, onto my stomach and put a hand onto it.

"I'm sorry." I said, out loud. "You'll just have to live without a dad."

I leaned back in the chair and ran my hands through my hair, letting out a large sigh, before I saw a random dark brown ...thing- like a piece of dirt, stuck to the window.

I stood up from the chair and leaned over the various buttons on the control panel. I moved my arm up, and tried scratching it away with my chewed nails, but it didn't come off.

My OCD kicked it, and I felt an urgency to pull out my knife. I attempted to scrape it off, but it still didn't budge. As I tried scraping it off, a sudden surge of both sadness and frustration rushed through me.

I grabbed the handle of the knife with both hands and began to vigorously scrape against the glass, scratching it while trying to get the mark off.

I moved it faster and faster until the knife accidentally slipped over the slight bump of the dirt and sliced from the palm of my hand and down my forearm. It ripped through the sleeve of my shirt.

I let out a loud scream and began to cry as blood spurted and seeped everywhere. It was a deep cut and I could feel the blood oozing out of me.

I reached down with my now crimson arm and picked up my knife, but it slipped out of my grasp, due to the blood that was coating arm. I reached out my other hand to catch the knife, but the blade landed right in the centre of my hand, causing blood to spurt everywhere.

I let out another scream of anger and pain and tears streamed excessively down my face. More blood spluttered up and onto the window in front of me. I pushed myself up so I was now standing on top of all the Buttons on the control panel, and reached out to wipe the blood off of the window. I dropped the knife and let out an angry screech as my blood covered the window - I was Stupid enough to use my totally blood covered arm.

I could barely see through my immense tears, and blurring vision, and began to completely lose it.

I was smashing my fists against the glass as the blood continued flowing from my arms. I must've looked like a derranged psychopath who needed severe medical attention...although, at this rate, I did need medical attention.

I was becoming exhausted, and my vision was blurred, my hearing muffled and my body was weak. I could hear fuzzy shouting coming closer towards me, as the vast amount of blood blocked the view from the plane's window.

I began to feel nauseous and light headed, as my knees gave in, and I collapsed onto the control panel. I began falling backwards, but was caught by a pair of arms.

Then I blacked out.

***

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in my bed. I sat up, slowly, putting my hand on my head as a flurry of diziness took over me.

My left arm had a series of stitches up and down it, and I had blood soaked patches on the palms of my hands. I moved myself sideways, so i was leaning against the counter.

"Morning, sleepyhead." I heard a voice behind me. I looked up, and saw two faces poking over the counter.

"Hi, Glenn." I said, weakly. "Hi C...Carl."

There was silence for a few seconds, until they walked around. Glenn sat straight on my bed, and Carl stood awkwardly.

"Can I..." he said, pointing at the bed.

"It is yours." I said, looking at the floor.

"What...the fuck were you doing, Soph?" Glenn said. "You scared the shit out of me."

"And me." Carl said, staring at his hands.

"I'm... I'm sorry. I guess...Look. I've had enough of everything. Okay? We can never be happy. We have a decent place for once, and then something bad happens." I said, feeling fatigued.

"I looked mental, didn't I." I said, tightening my loose ponytail. They both nodded at me.

I looked at Carl's eyes. They were sparkling as usual. "I...I'm sorry...about..what I did. It was disgusting a-"
"Don't worry about it." He replied with a half smile.

"I just...miss you so much." I quietly said.

I was about to speak again, but Glenn cut me off.
"Shit." He said. "I've got to get Alex." He said before darting out, leaving Carl and I.

It was silent, again, until Carl spoke, close to a whisper.

"You're...pretty." he said and I looked up at him. His cheeks were turning pink. I didn't reply.

I crawled forwards and wrapped my arms around him, squeezing him into a hug. He was tense at first, but soon softened and hugged me back.

I could smell his scent again.

He hugged me back.

__________
A/n

Sorry, that may have been a little naff. (Do you say naff? Idk)

Sorry for the slow updates guys, I'm currently doing mock exams,  so I'm spending like 90% of my time revising...

Thanks for reading! Let's try and get this to 1k...