Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Sophie's POV

I woke up in the morning, feeling gentle, but chilling breaths hit the side of my face. I turned to the side, and saw Carl, staring at me. I poked my tongue out at him and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes as he let out a light chuckle.

As I removed my hands from over my eyes, I saw that Carl was now hovering on top of me from the side. I reached a hand up and swept a lock of his hair out of his face, before putting the hand around the back of his neck and pulling his lips softly onto mine.

We stayed like that for a large number of seconds, before a quick thumping feeling from inside my stomach caused me to let out a high pitched squeak, lurching forwards suddenly and accidentally pushed him away from me.

"Sorry." I said, feeling my cheeks redden a little from embarrassment due to the squeal I made. He gave me his adorable half smile, before placing his lips back on to mine.

I took his hand and pressed it lightly against my stomach, in hope that the baby would kick again. After several seconds, he pulled away. "Looks like I'm not going to feel the baby kicking right now." He said, with a disappointed smile.

"Don't worry." I said. "We've got six months of other stuff to make up for too." I said, making him look at the floor and smile.

"Dad said I don't have to go on watch for a week. Will that give us enough time?" He said, smirking.

I laid back down. "Mmm... I think so." I said, smiling to myself. "It's only seven." I said.

"I think we can have another half hour." Carl finished my sentence as he laid back down on his side, smashing his face into the pillow. After a minute of watching him with his face in the pillow, he groaned and spoke into it "Can't get back to sleep." I laughed.

"Well don't." He took his face out of the pillow and wrapped his arms around my chest, near my neck, like a sloth, and I could feel him breathing into my back, through my navy blue t-shirt.

"I might as well go get washed and dressed. I promised Glenn and Maggie I'd do a favour for them."

"And... what might that favour be?"

"Nothing that means you can't stay." I said, getting up and grabbing a bundle of clothes and a towel.

He sat up and leaned himself against the wall. "which also means you have to get your lazy arse up out of bed and get ready too." I said, chucking him another towel.

He rolled his eyes and stood up, ruffling his hair.

***

It was 9:30. I was looking around in our store for my Captain America comic, whilst waiting for Glenn to arrive with Maggie, AC, and... well...AC. Yep. Addie's middle name is Cleo. So, that makes two AC's.

"What'cha looking for?" Carl asked, coming back holding three cereal bars.

"My comic...you know, that Captain America one."

He gave a shifty look beside him. I raised an eyebrow towards him.

"Carl? Where is it?" I said, folding my arms over my stomach. "And why do you have three bars?"

"One for me, one for you, and one for th-"

"The baby. Right." I cut him off, my arms still folded. "Where's my comic, Carl?"

He shrugged, with a childish grin on his face. "Yeah, I'm not buying it." I said, slowly walking forwards. When I was close enough, I quickly reached my arm around him and felt the rolled up comic sticking out of his back jeans pocket.