Chapter 19

Rosalie's POV
My plan had failed. I was going to walk in and prove to Lorenzo that I was more than just a pretty face. That I wasn't going to be some silent housewife whose only talents were lying on her back, or pushing out his babies.

That's not me. It's never going to be me, because I am worth so much more than that. And the last thing I will ever do is allow a man to write my story for me.

The Mafia leader that stood before us was a plump old man with a sinister aura that made my heart thump. His eyes bore a hole into me as he licked his lips hungrily.

I shuddered, wishing I had done as I was told instead of allowing my dominating persona to take over once again. Lorenzo tightens his hold on me. "Mi dispiace(I'm sorry), but you can't have her. Is there something else you want?"

Cosimo's eyes raked over my body, a feeling of disgust washing over me from having such an old, grotesque man looking at me as though I were a piece of meat he wanted to devour.

"No. I just want her."

"Like I said before, you can't have her. So either ask for something else, or stop wasting my time."

I can feel the way Lorenzo shakes beside me. He's scared. And I've never seen him scared, so it only intensified my own fear.

Cosimo growls frustratedly. "I already told you what I want. But you seem so hellbent on keeping the pretty little thing to yourself. Come on, little Sin. I'm sure she wouldn't mind spending a night with me and my men." His men snickered in response, nodding and murmuring in approval.

"Actually, I do mind, you pompinara pezzo di merda(cock sucking piece of shit)!" I spoke up, no longer capable of staying quiet.

Lorenzo's fingers dug into my side, he and Javier staring at me like they wanted to kill me.

But I didn't care. I really hate men like Cosimo. He's the type of man who isn't really a man, but boy, who thinks they can just say and do whatever the hell they want to women and not have to face the consequences.

Casimo's men drew their guns, ready to take all three of us out. But Casimo raised his hand, ushering them to lower their weapons. "I like this one," he said with a laugh. "She'd fit very well with my other whores."

"I dare you to speak that way about my wife again. I'll rip your fucking tongue out!"

Cosimo only laughed, which sent me into overdrive. I lunged, only to be grabbed and held back by Javier. "Let go of me, Javi." I struggled against him, but he held on tight.

"No. Let Enzo handle this."

I looked at him with confusion, because Javier's usually trying to prevent Lorenzo from going off the rails. But not this time. As a matter of fact, Javier seemed surprisingly calm.

I watched with wide eyes as Lorenzo shot and killed every one of Cosimo's men before they could even pull the trigger. It was like Lorenzo's fear had vanished into thin air. All I saw before me now... was a beast.

Cosimo watched in horror as his men dropped dead to the floor one by one like flies around him.

His eyes were as wide as saucers, the man trembling so much with fear that he ended up peeing on himself.

Lorenzo didn't care as he fisted the man's hair and shoved his face into the puddle of yellow body fluid on the floor. "You call my mother a whore and I spare you when I should've put a bullet in your head."

"Mi dispiace(I'm sorry). Enzo please!" He begged, tears in his eyes.

Is he crying?

"Shut the fuck up!" Lorenzo raised his head and slammed it back into the puddle, some of it getting into Cosimo's mouth. He groaned in pain, spitting in disgust. "And then you disrespect my wife by calling her a whore. So now I'm going to have to teach you a lesson, little Ricci." Lorenzo inhales deeply, golden green eyes flickering over to me.