Happy face (RBA Fanfic)

(!!TW!! Drug abuse and depression)

{Soem parts based on Dangergirl64 's AU)

Scorch awoke with a gasp and looked around. "Another nightmare...." He sighed as he stood from his bed and walked over to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror. There were dark bags under his eyes. He looked like a wreck. And he was. Scorch scoffed at himself.

"Look at yourself. You look pathetic." He says before washing his face. After splashing some water on his face, he looked at himself in the mirror once again. He looked slightly better, but it wasn't enough. Scorch sighed and opened the cabinet behind the mirror. He pulled out a bottle of pills and took two. He closed the container and put it back in its place. He stared at it for a bit before closing the cabinet. He popped the two pills in his mouth and drank some water to get them down. Once he got them down, he felt so much better. He smirked at himself in the mirror.

"You, are looking handsome today." He said as he winked and clicked his tongue at himself in the mirror. Scorch then turned and left the bathroom. About 10 seconds later, he came back and opened the cabinet. He grabbed the bottle of pills and left once again. Not bothering to close the cabinet. Scorch stuffed the pills into his subspace and left the apartment he was living in. Scorch quickly made his way out of the building before bolting down the streets. He quickly made his way to the secret area he and hotshot had found long ago. Upon arriving there, he found Glow and Mock already playing cube.

"Hey guys!" Scorch said as he ran over. The two stopped playing and looked over. Wide smiles came to their faces.

"Scorch!" They shout in unison as they hug him. They then did their secret handshake before laughing.

"Ready to get your aftshanded to you?" Scorch says confidently with a smirk.

"In your dreams!" Mock scoffs as he rolls into position. Just as they were getting ready to play, a space bridge opened up right behind Glow.

"Whoa! What the heck?!" She gasped as she ran away from it. The three scrambled behind the nearby wall.

"You ok Glow?" Scorch asked. She nods.

"Y-yeah. Just startled." Scorch nods once before peeking around the corner. "Where do you think it goes?"

"Or came from." Mock cut in. Suddenly, a familiar red and yellow sports bot walked through.

"Huh. Normally they'd be here by now." The bot muttered as four more came through.

"Where are we again hotshot?" An orange bot asked. Scorch smiles at the familiar name and faces. He turned to his team.

"It's ok guys! It's just hotshot and his friends." He said as he walked out from behind the wall. "Hotshot my man! What are you doing here?!" Hotshot turned around, a big smile on his face.

"Scorch!" Hotshot shouted as he ran over to Scorch. They did their "secret" handshake and laughed as they slapped each other on the back. Glow and Mock came from the wall as well. "Hey Mock! Hey glow!"

"Hey hotshot!" Mock says with his arms behind his head. Glow hugged hotshot.

"Hey Hotshot! I haven't seen you since you saved us from that titan! Thanks again for that!" She said with a bright smile. Hotshot gave a sheepish chuckle.

"It was nothing. I am a rescue bot after all." Medix suddenly cut in, pulling Hotshot away and hooking arms with him.

"AND he's taken." Medix sassed. Shorch's anxiety suddenly spiked. He backed away from the group to breathe. He could feel his hands shaking.