Heartbeat

Once you were both dressed again, you laid down on the bed beside J-Hope. You kiss his nose and smile at him, his eyelids are heavy, and he is fighting sleep. "So, that was nice," you give him a cute grin and he nods. "Yes, it was." You pull the covers over your bodies and soon after you both are out like a light.

You wake up, shooting up in bed, suddenly remembering that your final grades should be posted. You look over at Hobi who is still fast asleep, he looks like a sleeping angel. You quietly sneak out of bed and sit down at your desk, powering up your laptop. You anxiously log into your college's website. The loading time is too slow for you, you grow impatient. You see the yellow exclamation point beside your classes, and you know the grades are posted. You inhale sharply, click on the icon, and close your eyes.

You peek one eye open and then both of them. You stand up and throw your fists into the air, "Yes!!! I passed them both!" You yell, completely forgetting that Hobi is asleep, he is startled awake. Sitting up immediately in a daze, "Wha-what?" You jump on the bed excitedly and wrap your arms around him, "I passed my finals sunshine!" He smiles brightly at you, his hair sticking out everywhere. "Congrats!" He hugs you back tightly.

Hobi leaps out of bed and stretches, "I have to go! I didn't mean to fall asleep here, I've got to pack and get ready to go home!" You smile apologetically. You ran up to him and hug him, he wraps his arms around you in return. "I'll miss you so much! A week away from my sunshine, it's going to be like winter!" Hobi giggled, he loved when you called him sunshine. "I'll miss you more, I promise!" You snicker and disagree with him. "That's impossible."

Pulling his jeans back on, Hobi gets fully dressed. He kisses your cheek sweetly. "I'll visit your hotel room as soon as you get there! I miss you already." He whined and hugged you tightly. You smiled like an idiot. "I know! This is going to be rough." He nodded and planted a tender kiss on your lips, lingering. 

"Bye sweetheart, please take care of yourself while I'm gone. We will talk daily!" You nodded and gave him a brave smile even though your heart wasn't feeling full any longer. These past months have been so wonderful. "See you soon sunshine," you whisper and kiss him once more.

Hobi goes to leave and looks back at you one more time, giving you a sweet smile. Your heart was already hurting. Your sunshine was gone, your bright light that has guided you for so long now. He made every day beautiful and wonderful. Being around Hobi made everything easier, he was always so cheerful and positive, it was infectious.

You ran into Ashley's room once J-Hope was gone, you yelled at her to get up. "I passed my finals!" She jerked awake by your loud screaming. "That's great!" She immediately sat up and clapping happily for you. She got out of bed and hugged you. "You leave in a week, right? I'm really going to miss you." You nodded, knowing you were going to miss her as well. "I wish you could come with me," you said, frowning. Ash only shrugged.

*****

Five days flew by, you spent as much time with Ashely as you could. You knew it would be a while before you could see her again. You and Hobi would text all day through each day, and he would call you when he could. You missed him so much, your bright gamma ray. You also spent these days practicing staying in shape and flexible. Just because you were selected doesn't mean you could slack now. You wanted to stay in tip-top shape.

The day before you had to leave, you visited your mom. She was excited for you but hated that she wouldn't see you for who knew how long. You thanked her endlessly for all her love and support. There isn't a kinder person out there, your mom was your rock and you loved her with all your heart. She spoke her observation out of nowhere, "you look and sound much happier these days." You couldn't hide the smile that spread across your face. "Well, mom, I'm dating someone now." She gasped, surprised you had hidden it from her.

"Why haven't I met him?!" You laughed, she looked betrayed. "He's very busy mom." She scoffed. "Too busy to meet your mama. I don't think so!" You laughed some more, she was cute. You looked at the time. Hobi was probably just getting in bed. Korean time was way ahead of yours, almost a whole day ahead. "Give me a moment mom, I'll see if I can video chat with him."

You open the video chat with Hobi, it takes him almost a full minute, but he answers. "Hi sweetheart!" His voice rings like bells, fill the room and your heart with love. "Hi sunshine!" Your mom glances at you from a distance, smiling to herself. "My mom wants to meet you, but since you're out of the country this is the best we can do. Is that okay?" Hobi sits up in his bed quickly and rakes his fingers through his hair trying to fix it. "Do I look okay?" He whispers, but it isn't necessarily quiet. You giggle, of course he did, he always did. You nodded to him.

You motion for your mom to stand beside you. Soon she can see the scream and J-Hope smiles brightly at her. "Hi ma'am, nice to meet you." Your mom instantly screams and steps away out of view of the camera. 

You look over at her confused as can be. J-Hope's eyebrows are all the way up. "Mom?" You looks over at her who's trying to catch her breath. "That's J-Hope, isn't it?!" You raise an eyebrow, thoroughly surprised she knew who he was. "I saw him on the James Corden show last night! I've seen him in the posters all over your room!" Your mouth falls open and you look back at the screen at Hobi. He gives you a cute smirk and shrugs.

                Your mom finally walks back to you and stands beside you

Your mom finally walks back to you and stands beside you. "I'm so sorry, she just told me today she was dating, I had no idea." She bows and you can't help but laugh at how she's acting. Hobi smiles his beautiful smile. "Don't be sorry! Nice to meet you. This is the best I can do since I'm back in Korea." She nods, completely understanding. 

"It's nice to meet you too." She gives him a sweet smile. "We will have to get a more formal meeting once we can." Hobi nods in deal. Your mom one-arm hugs you and looks at Hobi. "Please watch over her while she's in Seoul." J-Hope promises he will. He holds his pinky up to the camera. "Pinky promise I will!" You can't help but giggle at how cute he is.

The conversation ends when Hoseok mentions he needs to get in bed. You give him a virtual kiss and hang up. Your mom looks at you in shock. "Hon, why didn't you tell me you were dating a huge celebrity?" You shrug. "I don't want anyone to know, so please keep it to yourself. His privacy must be respected." She nods quickly, agreeing to the terms. "Well, I'm glad you'll know someone over there, that makes me feel a little better." She wraps her arms around you and hugs you.

After some lunch together and your mom gushing over your famous boyfriend, you say goodbye. Your day tomorrow is going to be hectic, and you needed to get home and finish preparation. You give her the tightest, longest hug you ever have before leaving. "Please let me know as soon as you've landed, I don't care what time it is." You grin and promise. "Will do!"