four.

The Other Waithe / 1.03

"That was fucking awesome!"

"WE'RE BEING PUNKED, PEDRO

---

In 14th century, France, there was a legend of a knife, it even had a protecter, a gargoyle. Protecter of humans, enemies to supernaturals, it would kill supernaturals for no reason, or for a reason, it didn't matter. If any supernaturals came for the knife it protected, it would kill them. If it was human, it physically couldn't kill them, some type of oath it made to the humans. It guarded the ancient artifact for the humans.

---

Alaric's researching the dragon luring knife, he flips a page, it has an image of the relic on It, he tries to scan through the words, but fails. "Gaulish." he turns hearing rustling from behind him, nothing's there. He doesn't even hear the growling that comes soon after.

---

"All right, gather together. Chain spells are about the fluid movement of energy from witch to witch." Dorian explains his morning class as he walks around them watching. "Where's Penelope Park?"

"Um, lady cramps, Mr. Williams." Lizzie answers.

"Sorry I asked." he pauses, "A disharmonious group makes for an uneven flow." his words cause the students to start laughing, Hope just has an annoyed look. "Okay..." he trails off as a letter comes floating through.

"Uh-oh, who's in trouble with the headmaster?" Josie asks as Dorian grabs the paper.

"Probably the people who started a rumble with the local high school." Hope quips.

"'Lizzie Saltzman, Josie Saltzman.'" he says, then turning to Hope, "And baby makes three. Off you go." Hope looks emotionless, Lizzie and Josie turn to Hope surprised.

---

The three go to the library, where the headmaster is waiting for them there.

"This makes no sense, Dad. Why are we being punished?" Lizzie asks.

"Because you started a brawl at a charity football game that risked exposing what we really do here." Alaric deadpans.

"Well, you weren't mad last night." Lizzie argues.

"I was made last night. My undying love for my daughters just happened to trump my rage. I volunteered everyone in the game, so stop complaining. You're lucky that it's just community service and not actual jail time." Alaric informs.