𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐄. | 𝟎𝟐.𝟎𝟏.

"𝐌𝐲 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞?" 

𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐔𝐏 𝐇𝐎𝐏𝐄.

---

MIKAELSONS, A FAMILY CENTURIES OLD, ONE THAT DOMINATED THE SUPERNATURAL WORLD, UNTIL THEY DIDN'T—UNTIL THEY FELL. 

 The unkillable became killable, starting with the second oldest, Finn. He perished and shortly after so did his younger brother, Kol. The two being resurrected years later, Finn dying once again. How he died was a whole chain of problematic events. What killed Finn was a creature named Lucien Castle who was killed by Freya Mikaelson, the first born. Lucien became something, something unheard of; an elixir created him and turned him into a powerful beast, two were made. One for him, another for someone who wasn't meant to be Marcel Gerard. He was the reason for the majority of the Mikaelson's fall. They died and resurrected, but some were permanent. 

The Mikaelsons roamed the earth, running from their father for years. Conquering wherever they made home, or leaving a path destruction from their intrusion, chaos always seemed to follow wherever they fled. They became apex predators, nothing was a match for their power. They were the gods of the supernatural, but like all gods, they'll fall, in their case, they fell into temporary death. Some called them devils, maybe they were more similar than just being unholy creatures because even Samael fell, and became Lucifer. Lucifer 'thrived' after his fall, however, for the Mikaelsons, their fall indicated weakness, death, destruction of their lineages reputation, and failure. 

They were people who'd do anything for power. No, for family, no matter how much they all had problems with the others. They stood for family, and some died for it. Hayley Marshall-Kenner did. But for who? Niklaus or Elijah maybe? That doesn't sound right, but it's the only options. Niklaus and Elijah took each others lives to exterminate the hollow. It was a threat to them, but there was a deeper meaning, right? No, it was simply out of nobility and care for their siblings. 

The books in the Salvatore School heavily dab into how cruel, ruthless, and monstrous the Mikaelson clan was, but weren't they just doing what they needed to, to survive, adapt, and thrive? In retrospect, yes, but their measures were quite extreme, unnecessary, and disturbing. 

So why did it feel like a piece of them, their heart, their reasoning toward the end of their reign, it was as if something was missing about the story? Though, no one seems to be able to answer that question, simply because, no one knows. 

Not anymore

Natalie was in no way a sympathizer to their choices or lifestyle, definitely not. She was more so intrigued by them and their history. She felt a connection to the family, one she doesn't understand. Is it because she's a hybrid like Niklaus Mikaelson himself? Or is it something deeper? Something buried deep in her psyche, aching to be found, remembered.