seventeen

The Other Waithe / 1.15

"I'm broke, I can't afford to bet."

I'LL TELL YOU A STORY

---

Natalie wakes up and begins to sit up, quickly halting as she hears a whimperish groan from Hope caused by the hybrid's previous movements. She carefully sinks back down smiling at the sleeping girl. Hope tugs tighter onto her waist, resulting in Natalie letting out a small chuckle.

Hope begins to squirm as she wakes up, "Hey, sleepy head."

Hope groans changing her head position to look at the hybrid, "Hi."

"Did someone have a rough sleep?" Natalie teases. 

Hope scoffs, "Screw you." 

Natalie laughs, "You're grumpy." 

"I'm tired." Hope deadpans. 

"Then sleep." 

"Oh, wow, I didn't think of that." Hope sasses. 

"That's why I'm here; to help you think the unthinked." 

"You're being mean." 

"No, I'm not. If anything you're being mean in this mood of yours." Natalie semi-jokes. 

Hope smiles, "Your welcome." 

"I'm not thanking you for it." Natalie argues. 

"You should be." Hope counters. 

"And why is that?" Natalie questions. 

Hope stays silent, just sitting up, staring at the laying Natalie, who's smiling at the tribrid, and without warning she surges downward, kissing the girl. 

When they pull away Natalie smiles once again, "You feeling better now?" 

Hope nods, "Mhm." 

Natalie analyzes Hope's features, which seem to have no flaws, "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" 

"Because of the dance. You don't have to talk about it, but it's okay to not feel okay about it." 

"It's just a dress-" 

"-Your dad got it, Hope. I don't wanna sound like a dick but that's gotta mean something, right?" 

Hope sighs, "I don't know how to feel about it, I mean, I just, I don't know."