thirteen.

The Other Waithe / 1.11

"You think you're funny, don't you?"

WE'RE GONNA NEED A SPOTLIGHT

---

The bell goes off alerting Dorian, Alaric, and Hope that there's a new monster.

They travel outside and see a horse thinking it's a false alarm until they realize they don't have a white horse. It's a unicorn. Hope stops them from killing the creature, who when they aren't has some slug drop from it's ear.

They begin to walk back, the slug on Hope's heel.

She goes to her room and goes back to bed, leaving the unicorn alone.

---

The slug makes it's way into Hope's nose. She itches her nose, then suddenly sits up. She smiles widely.

---

Natalie wakes up, gets dressed, and goes downstairs to see her brothers.

"Hey, Nat." they greet simultaneously.

"Hey." she sits next to them, "How's being alpha?"

Rafael rolls his eyes, "That's random."

"I know but I find it incredibly funny."

"Are you ever gonna stop teasing me about that?"

"No." she smiles.

Hope walks over to the trio, sitting next to Natalie.

"Hi, Hope." Natalie greets.

"Hey, Hope." Rafael says.

"Hey." Landon states.

"Morning handsomes." she turns to Natalie, "Beautiful." the siblings look at each other confused and slightly concerned. "Mmm. Sweet, sweet carbs." Hope takes a bite of her pastry.

"Somebody's in a really good mood." Rafael notices.

"Hmm. Just woke up on the right side of the bed, I guess."

"For the first time in your life?" Natalie questions, Hope laughs but doesn't respond.

The twins make their way over to the four, Josie and Natalie share glance smiling.