nine.

The Other Waithe / 1.07/5

"Liar."

DEATH KEEPS KNOCKING ON MY DOOR

---

Natalie quickly moves her hand to where she was stabbed, the wound's gone. She's no even looking around she's still in shock.

Her entire body feels different. She has this hunger in her stomach and she can't quite place why it's so strong.

Alaric turns to the girl, "You're okay, kid, I promise." he tries to reassure the girl.

Her hand is pounding, she's trying to block it out but she can't.

"Natalie?" Rafael turns seeing his supposed to be dead, yet alive sister.

"What the hell happened?" she asks feeling like shit. Rafael practically jumps on her. "As much as I find this nice, I think your grip is a little too tight." Rafael loosens up.

"I'm sorry, I-I just, never-mind." Rafael dismisses.

Hope's smiling she thought Natalie was dead, but she was, wasn't she? No, she wouldn't be awake right now.

"I'm just happy you're alive." Rafael fully lets go of his sister who sends him a questioning glance.

"No, she's dead." Hope realizes as they all look at her, "She was dying, I gave her my blood. It didn't heal her because it was too late, but... it worked."

Alaric's face takes a small journey, "She's in transition."

"I'm in what?" Natalie questions as her ears feel like they're going to explode from all the noise.

"What?" Rafael asks.

"If she doesn't feed on my blood in 24 hours, she'll be dead, for good this time." Hope informs.

"Wait, whoa. I think we skipped the part where, you know, I died?!" Natalie says.

"We can get into that later, but you need to feed." Alaric tells and Natalie nods.

"Okay, how exactly do I do that?"

"As I said you need my blood." Hope informs.

What?" Natalie questions wide eyed.

Alaric pulls out a pocket knife handing it to Hope, she slices some of her wrist.