¦[A Hunch.]¦

{Our First And Everlasting Memory.}
Act 11.

|[January 8th, 2026. Near Evening.]|

"Haaaaah... We're back..." Our exhausted faces drooped down as we opened the door to the Inn.

"Ah. Mister Shiki, Yuuki! Welcome!"

The kind and caring Undine greeted us. Nobody else is here, only Siune. I guess they went off doing something else... Probably, I don't know. I'm beat... And trying to come up with words to think about makes me even more drained.

"Hey there, Siune. Where're the others?" I asked, sitting near her and crashing my chin to the table.

"They all went levelling. I see you two were busy as well, judging from your tired faces."

"Yeeaaah... We went out questing a bit to get some money and items, but it turns out the quests we took was a bummer." I sighed, "We had to fight this huge elf with a giant axe, and because that thing's skin was so thick, it took a whole lot of damage before going down! We attacked it so maaaany times, but it just won't, die, already!"

Suddenly, a hand grasped my right shoulder. I gasped a little and turned.

"But at least we did it, I'll get us some drinks, kay?"

"...Sure, thanks."

It was just Shiki. Despite him being as drained as I was, he's still offering small help. I feel bad, maybe I could've done it... But before I can say anything, off he goes. He's really nice and cool, I can't imagine ever meeting such a good guy. He really reminds me of you, sis.

Come to think of it, I've been meeting all sorts of nice people recently. Miss Asuna for example! I wanna meet her again, she's so pretty~ I still don't believe that she has a date though, I'm willing to bet that Shiki's her lucky man, ehe! Like, what's attractive from a skinny, boring, looking spriggan? Nobody wants him!

I'm glad though. I'm so glad I get to meet such great people! Ahaha! I'm so happy! So, so, happy.

Shiki came quickly back with two whole mugs of drinks, some even spilled a little. He puts one near me and holds the other. I sat back normally, holding my drink. Shiki sat next to me, but his distance isn't relatively close. Keeping your distance, huh? Smart choice, boy~ Wouldn't want to be called out a pervert again, haha!

"Phew... I'm knackered."

Siune smiled, "This is the second time you've came into the Inn exhausted, Shiki."

"Yeah... Sorry about that."

"Nothing to worry about. Just relax for now, we don't want you to do badly on tonight's raid because you're tired from preparing! That would be ironic, won't it?"

"Aye, aye."

As I was gulping on the delicious sweet tea, I remembered. I opened my inventory quickly, selecting the items section and pressed 'Drop Item'. A massive batch of health potions was summoned out of thin air and dropped down to the table. Looking at Siune's face, she was clearly impressed and wordless.

"This- is a lot of potions, Yuuki! You've been shopping for the raid, haven't you?"

"Yep! Shiki got some stuff too, by the way."