¦[Aria Of A Starless Night.]¦

{An Eternal Oath Of Love And Life.}
Act 5.

|[January 12th, 2026. Afternoon.]|

{A couple minutes earlier...}

{Shiki}

"I'm leaving her with you, Yuuki!" I said proudly, not really knowing what the hell I'm doing.

"You got it, Shiki!" She answers, making Asuna cease her steps.

*Creak!*

Woah... quite a lot of people, and a pretty big place too. How come I've never seen this place on the way home before-- Hold on, wait a second...

What the heck did I just do? Did I just... leave her outside like that?

Crap, I think I just did.

What, is this some sort of way for the writer to progress the plot easily without explaining why the actual fuck the characters did said action?

...

What?

...

Ah, it's probably fine.

...

Right?

...

Yeah, Yuuki's got this, she always does. If that girl can change the way I see things, surely comforting Asuna isn't a problem. She'll probably be happy to spend a little more time alone with Asuna too, maybe get to know each other-- wait, no. She's there to talk, not to introduce each other!

Bah, what's done is done! Can't go back now, It'll be awkward!

Anyways, where to? The aisle of freezers in front of the door has a bunch of already made cakes, full circled portions too. Eh, it looks nice but that's not what I came here for.

I walked past them, heading right. Now in a new aisle, there's shelves of room temperature cakes, all neatly tucked inside plastic packagings. Let's see... left or right...

The right first, I guess. These are... not brownies. Brown, fresh, croissants and other kinds of pastries inside a heated glass cage. Hmm, those are nice but again, not what I'm looking for at the moment.

Next up, woah... these cake slices are beautiful. Tiramisu, chocolate rain, black forest... damn, those prices though! Not getting these.

Come on, come on... what's this?

Alright, jackpot! Green and brown, circular shaped cakes rolled up inside a plastic pack. Heck yeah, these are Chiffon Cakes! What's the flavour name again... It's a name of a plant, so... Ah! Pandan!

And look at that below, blackish, chocolate delight of a good old classic Brownie. I'll be sure to grab the small pieces, don't want em' to go to waste, and I don't want Asuna to lecture me about making her gain weight or something. Hah... Girls... They're complicated. Love em, though.

That sounded weird. Huh. Anyways...

I grabbed the Chiffon Cakes in a flash, and as I reached for the brownies with my left hand--