Chapter Three.

Chapter Three. 

REINA:

            When Scott opened up the door he was in shock. I haven’t been here in so long but I had to admit, it was good to see him. It was almost like finally coming home.

            “Reina.” He said, pulling me into a warm embrace. “What are you doing here?”

            “Well it’s movie night, right? Am I not allowed over anymore?”

            “No of course you’re allowed. I just, uh, yeah. Come on in.”

            He opened the door more and I began to take my shoes off as I glanced into the living room to see if he was in there but he wasn’t. Mark and Colby weren’t even in there so I’m assuming they’re all in the kitchen.

            “Baby you want some dinner?” Scott asked, his eyes never leaving Casey’s. They were so in love it was disgusting.

            “Yeah but I’ll help. Reina do you want to come too?”

            It seemed like dinner was already cooking because I could smell the peppers and onions, as well as the heat throughout the house from the oven. I haven’t eaten all day either so I’m starving.

            “Sure! Let me just-“

            “Colby!” A familiar voice laughed, the sound getting closer. “You’re such a dick man!”

            Justin emerged from the kitchen without a shirt on, pizza sauce splattered all over his chest. He had the biggest smile on his face and when he saw me the smile didn’t fade. At first I thought of this as a good thing but he didn’t acknowledge me.

            “Excuse me.” He said politely, gently pushing me to the side. I swear it felt like an electrical current ran throughout my entire body when he touched me. Typical love story, yeah, but it’s just the truth.

            He ran up the steps without a second glance to me and all I could do was clear my throat as Scott was giving me a sympathetic look. They don’t need to feel sorry for me because I knew it would be like this. I’m here to try and break his walls down although I haven’t even said a damn thing to him yet. All I want is just to be friends again and eventually, when he’s better, possibly try getting back to the way things were.

 ---------

            Halfway through dinner it was hurting worse than when I first got here. He hasn’t even looked at me the entire time. All he did was joke around with Mark and Colby and occasionally he’d look in my direction but only for a split second. He probably just did that on accident.

            “So Reina,” Scott said. “How have you been?”

            All eyes turned to me, including Justin’s, and for a second I felt like I might just pass out.

            “Um, I’ve been okay. I missed hanging out with you guys though.”

            His eyes went back down to his plate.

            “Well yeah we’ve missed you too Reina. I think you should come over more often.”

            “I disagree.” Justin muttered.