Part II: Chapter Eleven.

Casey's Point of View:

    It was four in the morning when I got the text from Reina to come to her house. Lately she's been going through hell, so when she said it was urgent I didn't really question it.

    I knock on the door of the hotel room she checked into, and in seconds the door swings open. Reina's mascara is stained onto her cheeks, and she's crying so hard that she can't breathe. Her mouth is trying to do breathing motions, but no voice is coming out.

    "Hey," I soothe, immediately dropping my purse inside. "Reina, whoa. Breathe."

    "He-" She chokes out, burying her head into my shoulder. "Oh my god."

    I'm trying to get her to calm down, so we just sink down to the floor so that I can hold her. This is what best friends do, and no matter what time of day Reina calls me I'm always going to be here for her.

    "What happened?" I ask.

    "I should have told him!" She blurts out, pounding her fist onto the floor. "That night he threatened to kill himself on those porch steps I should have fucking told him everything came back! I should have said something, a-and if I did, then she never would have existed! If I just remembered a little bit sooner, she never would have been there in that fucking club, he never would have been inside of her, oh my god."

    "Inside of her?" I question. "He had sex with Ramsey?" I'm trying to ignore the conversation in the back of my head that Justin had with Scott in the kitchen the other day, but I can't. He seemed so reluctant about going out with her in the first place, and he had sex with her? I will never understand men.

    "I spilled a drink when I was with Carter on my dress, so I went to go wash it off in the bathroom and they were both in there. I don't know why they were in there, or why they were in the same place that I was, but I stood there in shock for a good three minutes Casey listening to... them." She cringes, putting her face into her hands. "I should have told him."

    The night she remembered everything, she showed up like a trainwreck at our house. That was the first night I've ever seen Reina suicidal. It took hours trying to convince her to go and tell Justin, but she refused. I know where she's coming from, because how do you tell someone after a year that you finally remember them? How do you even begin that conversation?

    "You can still tell him." I say quietly, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. "It's not too late."

    After about a minute of silence, her crying begins to subside before she says, "It is. Casey, I haven't seen him that happy since we were together. This past year I've put him through nothing but hell. I pushed him away, I said things that were unforgivable. He found someone that fixed what I fucked up inside of him. If anything, I deserve this fucking punishment. I should have believed him, and I should have believed the doctors when they said it would come back, but I was so impatient. Now I have to deal with the consequences. My way of repaying him will be to let him be with someone who can genuinely make him happy. That's the least I can do."

    "Reina, he's not going to blame you if you explain to him what you're feeling. It's Justin, you know how much he loves you."

    "Loved." She sniffled. "How much he loved me."

    "He still does Reina. He will be so fucking happy if you just tell him what-"

    "Stop." She cries, shaking her head side to side. "No. I'm not going to hurt him anymore. He's found Ramsey, and I have Carter. Maybe life was just meant to be this way."

    The TV is running in the background, and as she's crying I start to feel so badly for her. I told her to come stay with me tonight, but she insisted of being alone. More than likely because of Scott, because if he found out then Justin would find out.