Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine.

            On the way home from the hockey game we were in the same spots as on the way here. The canes had won, making Reina the happiest person alive and rubbing it in everyone's face as we left the arena. Was I pissed that the leafs lost? Beyond. But watching Reina during the game was better than all of that. When we fought about the stick check and her face got so red I almost laughed but I didn't. It turns me on more than anything that we both like the same sport and she literally knows so much about it.

            The burger was probably a stupid thing for me to do. I didn't get it for free. I paid for it. I know her better than anyone though and she was hungry. She lied to Colby and why? I don't know. She could have made me jealous but she chose not to. A part of me just thought that maybe she didn't care but when she checked the burger I knew differently. She still cared.

            "Casey you want to come back with me?" Scott asked. "Stay the night?"

            "Uh, maybe. If that's okay with you Reina?"

            "Why wouldn't it be okay?" She responded bitterly.

            "Because you'd be alone... I don't know."

            "And it's nothing I'm not used to. I'll be fine Casey."

            A stab in my heart occurred once I heard her, cursing myself for not inviting her over to stay at our place. I should just ask her. She wouldn't have to sleep in my bed although I know what the end result is going to be. She'll come over, I'll be in my room, I'll think of her, I'll think of us, I'll go downstairs, I'll end up kissing her, bring her up to my room...

            "Okay Reina. If you're sure..."

            "I'm sure." She repeated. "Bye Scott. Thanks for the ride. I had fun!"

            "No problem Reina. We'll do it again sometime."

            She closed the door and I watched her walk away, wanting more than anything for her to be coming home with me tonight. I wish things were different. I really do.

            "Colby next time you want to touch her think twice." I spat. "Don't think I didn't see that."

            "See what?"

            "When you put your arm around her in the car. Don't do it again."

            "I was making room..."

            "Yeah." I scoffed. "Sure you were."

            "What the hell would it matter anyways man? I wouldn't make a move on her because you guys have a history but you aren't dating. You guys aren't even speaking to each other."

            "You don't know what the hell is going on between us."

            But he did and everyone did. We aren't speaking and we aren't dating. We're in the same damn place we were since I got out of rehab all because I couldn't make up my damn mind and I couldn't decide what's best for me. How do I know what's best for me? I can't figure out the answers.

            "Alright man just chill. I won't do it again."

            "Someone still loves Reinaaaa." Casey sang, turning around to look at me again. "When are you going to make a move on her?"