Part II: Chapter Twelve.

Reina's Point of View:

    It's been two weeks since all of the memories have flooded into my head. Two weeks of agonizing torture. Two weeks of trying to hide all of this from Carter and Justin, masking a smile on my face in front of everyone at work only to cry my heart out in the shower once I'm home. You hear about mental health patients all the time and about how they used to be so normal until something fucked them up. Is it bad that I'm starting to understand that now?

    "Reina."

    Jumping from the sound of Carter's voice, I put down the hairbrush in my hand and plaster the fake smile on my face once more. It's not that I'm not happy with Carter, it's just that I'm going through a lot right now. I know that if I explained what happened, he wouldn't understand. He'd think that I'm going to leave him, and then he'd leave me. Two weeks ago when we had that fight in his office he swore up and down that I had cheated on him just because I wanted to be alone for the night. This could be fears of his past, but still. I'm not going to risk the chance of him leaving me.

    "I'm sorry," I finally say. "I've just got a lot on my mind."

    Wrapping his arms around my waist, he pulls me closer to him and almost unties my robe. "Seems it." He whispers in my ear. "Anything that I can do?"

    There's nothing that he can do. The only thing he can do is just do exactly what he's doing and be here for me.

    "No. I'll be fine eventually." I reply softly, giving him a gentle kiss on the cheek. "I love you, Carter."

    He grasps my hand before I can head back into the bedroom, forcing me to look at him. "Reina, something is wrong. I know you might not want to talk about it right now, but you're not yourself. I don't like seeing you like this."

    "I'll be fine." I groan, leaning in to kiss him again. Before I know it, he picks me up into his arms and carries me to our bed, laying me down gently onto my back.

    "I'm sure there's some way I can make you feel better..." He trails off, his fingertips circling around the fabric of my robe. "I just hope you aren't changing your mind about me."

    "What?" I ask in disbelief. "Carter, why would you think that? I love you. These past six months have been amazing with you."

    "I just feel like there's someone else." He sighs, placing his face into his hands before he angrily runs his fingers through his hair. "I've been trying to shake this feeling off, but I can't. Is it something to do with Justin? Did you start to have feelings for him again?"

    "Carter." I plead, pulling him close to me. "I love you. Okay? I don't know how many more times I have to say that. You are the one I'm with. If I wanted somebody else, then I'd be with them and not you."

    "Alright." He finally says with a shrug of his shoulders. "I trust you Reina. If you say there's nobody else then I'll believe you."

    Why the hell am I feeling a huge pang of guilt? Is it because I just lied to him about having feelings for Justin again? I shouldn't feel bad. I'm not going to act on these feelings that I have, so it shouldn't matter. Telling him the truth would just hurt him, and that's the last thing I want.

-----

After thinking about the whole situation on the car ride to work, I began to feel worse about how I've been treating Ramsey lately. It's not her fault I lost my memory, and it's not her fault that Justin came into her life. I'm grateful that he found someone with the ability to make him happy again. I at least owe it to her to be nice and apologize.