PART II: Chapter Sixteen

When I open my eyes, the light from the window is practically blinding. I squeeze them shut and let out a groan, rolling over until my hand hits her body. For a second I think it's Ramsey, but then the memories start to slowly creep back in, a smile falling on my face.

She's curled up into the pillow, her mouth slightly open from her heavy breathing. The way her hair is sticking up all over the place, the only thing covering her naked body being a thin sheet, is mesmerizing. I don't ever want to stop staring at her, and I'm not sure when I'll be able to shake this feeling of it being all a dream, but it seems to never go away.

I let her sleep and start to do things around the apartment to pick it up. She hasn't been here in so long. Not an ounce of me expected her to be with me again, so I'm trying to make sure everything is picked up for her. I throw my clothes into the washer, and then I wash the dishes that are dirty in the sink, and then I start to fix the cushions on the couch from where we had been so reckless last night.

"Hey."

My eyes pop up to see Reina standing in the hallway wearing nothing but one of my t-shirts. She's twirling the edge of it between her thumb and pointer finger, and it's completely distracting me.

"Hey." I smirk, cocking my head slightly to the side. "Sleep well?"

She rests her shoulder against the wall and looks me up and down. I'm wearing nothing but a pair of jersey shorts, and for a second I start to feel self conscious. I shouldn't feel like this, but I can't help it.

I watch her quietly walk over towards me before she wraps her arms around my waist and presses her lips to my shoulder. It's almost an instinct of mine to pull her closer, so that's exactly what I do. The smell of roses and honey comes into my nose almost immediately, and it's so familiar that it makes my stomach churn. I'm almost sick to my stomach that I almost lost her.

She doesn't want me to pull away because she's clutching onto my back so tightly it's almost as if I'll explode.

"You okay, beautiful?" I ask.

"No." She mumbles into my skin. "I missed you way too much."

A knock on the door interrupts us, and Reina immediately begins to pull the t-shirt down around her body.

"I have another pair of shorts in the dresser." I kiss her quickly once more. "You can wear those."

While she goes into my room to change, I thud down the steps and open up the door, freezing immediately when I see Ramsey. She's got mascara stained on her cheeks, her arms crossed over her chest wearing a hoodie and a pair of jeans.

My hand is clutching the handle of the door, and I look behind me to make sure Reina isn't there, scratching the back of my head.

"Ramsey, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"You didn't answer any of my phone calls." She sniffles. Her cheeks are so puffy from all of the crying. "I called you like fifteen times between last night and this morning and haven't been able to reach you."

"Oh, I think my um, phone died..." I trail off. I'm pretty sure she's expecting me to let her inside, but that would be an extremely bad idea right now. I think she can sense that because she's looking behind me to see if there's anybody here.

"Can we talk?" She asks.

"It's not a really good time." I admit. "I'm sorry for not calling you back, but I promise I will see you soon so that we can discuss everything, alright?"
"Justin!" Reina's voice echoes down the hallway, making my heart seem to stop beating. I can't look at Ramsey's face because I can't bear to see the hurt I've caused her.