Day One- Crystal

It is finally here. You had been looking forward to this for a long time. You grew up hearing your parents' story. From when they first met as children, to how young they were when it was decided. You had always feared that when you tried to follow in their footsteps, it would end in disaster. Yet here it was.      
            You are 23 years old. Your parents were 21 and 22. He is 23 as well. You met 4 years ago and started as friends. It was in freshman year at college. You two started dating after the first year or so. You were close and could trust each other. For fear, though you didn't tell him of your childhood goals about your future. You didn't want to scare him away.     
           It happened at a clearance in the woods where you two used to go and talk. It was a place especially helpful for after a fight. You two would fight, but then a few hours of the next day later one of you would go there and the other would already be there.       
           He led you to your favorite spot and looked you straight in the eyes. He gave you that smile that makes you go weak in the knees. He got down on one knee and said those words. It was the perfect moment.       
          "Yes!" you breathed with tears in your eyes.     
          The crystal was simple and beautiful. He knew exactly which one would be perfect and he found it. You knew at that moment, you have never loved him more than you did at that moment. No other man would ever be like him, and never had been.     
          (time skip) the wedding was crystal themed. They were fake this time, unlike the ring. It was elegant and had this sweet simplicity. Walking down the aisle with the shining reflection of the gems and seeing him...... no words, but one thing is for sure. You loved him even more.

(A/n the song 'Like my Father' by Jax is good. Y'all should listen to it.)